It’s fairly wonderful to know that completely different regional Indian cuisines have heirloom and traditional recipes which are naturally vegan and gluten free. I imply, you actually don’t should take that further mile to make these so. One such preparation is the Aloo Chokha. A simple-peasy spiced potato mash from the very rustic Bihari delicacies. I’m positive the second you do this Aloo Chokha recipe, you’ll immediately add it to your listing of favorites.
This Aloo Chokha would possibly seem like an aloo bharta at first look, nevertheless it positively will not be your ordinary bharta. The potatoes on this recipe are usually not charred. However are boiled or steamed.
One of many ingredient that’s the spotlight of this recipe is mustard oil, which provides the aloo ka chokha a barely pungent taste. So, I might counsel not skipping it, if you wish to maintain the essence intact.
The recipe is once more very straightforward to arrange. It may be rapidly made by somebody who’s new to the kitchen or perhaps a bachelor. Boil or steam the potatoes, peel, mash, combine with the opposite components and it is able to serve.
You possibly can serve aloo chokha with litti chokha or may even serve it as a aspect dish with any North Indian meal. You possibly can simply scale this recipe as per your wants.
Find out how to make Aloo Chokha
1. First wash 2 medium-sized potatoes (160 grams) in recent water. Then boil or steam the potatoes in a stovetop strain cooker, steamer or electrical cooker or in a pan including water as required.
Permit them to turn into heat.
2. When the potatoes turn into heat, peel and mash them in a bowl.
3. Then add the next components to the mashed potatoes:
- ⅓ cup chopped onion
- ½ teaspoon chopped inexperienced chilies
- 2 to three teaspoons chopped coriander leaves
- ½ teaspoon finely chopped garlic
4. Now add ½ teaspoon mustard oil and ½ teaspoon lemon juice.
5. Combine very properly. Test the style and add extra salt, lemon juice or inexperienced chilies if required.
6. Serve aloo chokha with litti chokha or as a aspect dish with any North Indian meal. For a change, it’s also possible to use aloo ka chokha as a stuffing for sandwiches and grill or toast them.
Extra tasty Potato recipes from the regional Indian delicacies:
Please you should definitely charge the recipe within the recipe card or go away a remark beneath if in case you have made it. For extra veetarian inspirations, Sign Up for my emails or comply with me on Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
Aloo ka chokha is spiced mashed potatoes dish from the Bihari cusine.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Prepare dinner Time 15 minutes
Complete Time 20 minutes
First boil or steam 2 medium potatoes (160 grams) until they’re totally cooked. Permit them to turn into heat. You possibly can steam them in a pan or electrical rice cooker or strain prepare dinner them in 1.25 to 1.5 cups water for five to six whistles.
When the potatoes turn into heat, peel and mash them.
Add 1/3 cup chopped onion, 1/2 teaspoon chopped inexperienced chilies, 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped garlic, 2 teaspoon chopped coriander leaves, 1/2 teaspoon mustard oil and 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice.
Combine very properly. Test the style and add extra salt, lemon juice or inexperienced chilies if required.
Serve aloo chokha with litti chokha or as a aspect dish with any north indian meal.
- This recipe will be simply doubled or tripled.
- For an genuine style use mustard oil and don’t skip including it.
Quantity Per Serving
Energy 68 Energy from Fats 9
% Every day Worth*
Vitamin C 11.5mg14%
* % Every day Values are primarily based on a 2000 calorie eating regimen.
This Aloo Chokha put up from archives first printed in September 2016 has been up to date and republished on January 2023.Source