Aloo Gajar Matar – one other favourite of North Indians and Punjabis, with the arrival of winters and the recent bounty of greens and greens that it brings alongside. So, when I’m speaking about this explicit Aloo Gajar Matar Recipe, I imply the winter particular pink carrots and recent inexperienced peas. Though, you may even make it with the common ones which might be obtainable all yr spherical. This Punjabi model dry dish made with potatoes (aloo), carrots (gajar) and inexperienced peas (matar) pairs properly with roti or paratha.
About Aloo Gajar Matar
Speak about a dish being straightforward to make, tasty, comforting, fulfilling and nutritious, all wrapped in a single! The Aloo Gajar Matar ki sabji is all this, much more. A type of dishes that appears and reads easy, however is stuffed with greatness that it offers anybody who consumes it. Each for the palate and the well being too.
Historically additionally, the Aloo Gajar Matar Recipe is a dry sabji. Some folks would possibly make it curry-ish. However for me, it really works one of the best when it’s dry and even semi-dry at instances. The colourful preparation is spiced subtly, which is another reason that makes it a really pleasant dish. Simplicity working its magic in right here!
Aloo, gajar and matar are on the checklist of numero uno veggies for any North Indian. The identical goes for me too. I like this trio. Thus, we make this model of the Aloo Gajar Matar which is a scrumptious quick-fix for any meal.
Extra On My Recipe
You possibly can cook dinner this Aloo Gajar Matar Recipe fully in a stress cooker or a pan. I’ve talked about the amount of water that must be added in case you are cooking in a pan, within the notes part of the recipe card under.
This Aloo Gajar Matar is an easy veggie dish which actually doesn’t want a lot cooking expertise. Even bachelors, novice cooks or first timers could make it with none problem. Additionally, if you end up in need of time or low in vitality, this recipe is one of the best guess.
Aloo Gajar Matar Recipe makes use of only a few substances and isn’t even closely spiced. This recipe is made with none onion or garlic, and is satvik as properly. I often make it this fashion at dwelling. Along with this dish, I additionally put together a Gajar Matar in an analogous means.
Roti/phulka or paratha with a facet of mango pickle or lemon pickle is likely one of the apt selections so that you can have this sabzi with. It’s also possible to have this dish as a facet to your homely dal-rice combos or pack in tiffin with smooth chapatis.
The way to make Aloo Gajar Matar
1. Rinse the greens in water for just a few instances. Peel and chop 3 medium-sized potatoes and a pair of medium-sized carrots.
Additionally, finely chop 1 inch ginger and 1 or 2 inexperienced chilies. Chop the potatoes and carrots into small items or you may even chop them into cubes.
You have to:
- 1.5 cups peeled and chopped potatoes
- 1 cup peeled and chopped carrots
- ¾ cup inexperienced peas – recent or frozen
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- ½ to 1 teaspoon finely chopped inexperienced chillies
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
Make Aloo Gajar Matar
2. Warmth 2 tablespoons oil in a 2 litre stress cooker. Hold the warmth to a low. Add 1 teaspoon cumin seeds and fry until it begins spluttering.
You should utilize any impartial taste oil. I usually make this recipe in sunflower oil.
Notice: For making it in a pan or pot, examine the recipe card notes part under.
3. Add finely chopped ginger and finely chopped inexperienced chilies.
4. Then, add the chopped potatoes, chopped carrots and ¾ cup inexperienced peas. Additionally, add 1 pinch asafoetida (hing) and sauté for two to three minutes on low to medium-low warmth.
When you don’t have recent inexperienced peas, use frozen inexperienced peas.
5. Then, add salt as required and a pair of to three tablespoons water. Stir to combine. Shut the stress cooker and cook dinner for two to three whistles on medium warmth or until the greens develop into tender.
6. When the stress falls naturally within the cooker, then solely open the lid. Verify the veggies. If there may be any water within the cooker, simmer on low warmth till the entire water evaporates.
Lastly add 1 to 2 tablespoons of chopped coriander leaves. Combine gently.
Serve Aloo Gajar Matar with roti, plain paratha, jeera paratha or bread. It will also be served as a facet dish with a dal-rice combo or packed in lunch field. Again dwelling, we’ve it with roti and plain curd (yogurt).
- To cook dinner this dish in a pan: Add about 5 to six tablespoons water, cowl the pan with a tight-fitting lid and simmer until the greens are properly softened. When you see the water drying whereas cooking, add some extra sizzling water and maintain cooking additional.
- When you don’t have pink carrots or recent inexperienced peas, you need to use the orange carrots and frozen peas as properly. The carrots ought to be tender and juicy.
- Typically, I make this dish in sunflower oil. You should utilize another impartial flavored oil.
- For small children, add much less chillies and ginger or skip including these.
- You possibly can simply scale up this Aloo Gajar Matar Recipe to make for extra servings
Please remember to fee this recipe within the recipe card under when you’ve got made it. For extra vegetarian inspirations, Sign Up for my emails or comply with me on Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
Aloo Gajar Matar Recipe
Aloo Gajar Matar ki Sabji is a simple Punjabi model dry preparation made with potatoes, carrots and peas. The recipe is made with out onion, garlic and has minimal spices. Pairs properly with roti or paratha and could be packed in lunch field.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook dinner Time 15 minutes
Whole Time 30 minutes
Rinse the greens in water first for just a few instances.
Peel after which chop the potatoes and carrots into small items or you may even chop them into small cubes.
Additionally finely chop the ginger and inexperienced chilli.
Making aloo gajar matar
Warmth oil in a 2 litre stress cooker. Hold warmth to a low. Add cumin seeds and allow them to splutter.
Add the chopped ginger and inexperienced chillies in stress cooker.
Saute for about 20 seconds.
Then add all of the greens – potatoes, peas and carrots. Add asafoetida (hing) and saute for two to three minutes on low to medium-low warmth.
Add salt as required and three tablespoons water. Combine properly. Shut the stress cooker tightly with its lid.
Strain cook dinner for two to three whistles on medium warmth or until the greens develop into tender.
As soon as the stress drops by itself, then solely take away the lid of the cooker.
If there may be any water or moisture within the cooker, then simmer on low warmth until all of the water is evaporated.
Verify the seasonings and add extra salt if required.
Lastly add coriander leaves and provides a delicate stir.
Serve Aloo Gajar Matar sizzling or heat with roti or chapati or as a facet dish with a North Indian meal.
- For cooking veggies in a pan: Add about 5 to six tablespoons of water and canopy the lid tightly and simmer until the veggies are tender. In case the water dries up while cooking, then add some sizzling water and proceed to cook dinner.
- As an alternative of pink carrots, you need to use orange carrots. However guarantee that they’re recent and tender.
- The recipe could be doubled or tripled to make for extra servings
Aloo Gajar Matar Recipe
Quantity Per Serving
Energy 310 Energy from Fats 90
% Every day Worth*
Saturated Fats 1g6%
Polyunsaturated Fats 1g
Monounsaturated Fats 8g
Vitamin A 7094IU142%
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) 0.3mg20%
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 0.1mg6%
Vitamin B3 (Niacin) 3mg15%
Vitamin B6 1mg50%
Vitamin C 65mg79%
Vitamin E 4mg27%
Vitamin Okay 19µg18%
Vitamin B9 (Folate) 66µg17%
* % Every day Values are primarily based on a 2000 calorie eating regimen.
This Aloo Gajar Matar recipe put up from the weblog archives first printed in July 2014 has been republished and up to date on 10 August 2022.Source