Aloo Tikki Chaat is a supremely fashionable and delicious dish that may be seen and loved on the streets of North India. This tangy dish has aloo tikki or fried potato patties topped with candy and bitter tamarind chutney, spicy inexperienced chutney, curd (yogurt) and different tidbits. Leading to a gorgeous mixture of flavors and textures. Since it is a Delhi fashion Aloo Tikki Chaat recipe, I haven’t added sev, onions or papdi.
About Aloo Tikki Chaat
Aloo Tikki Chaat is among the easiest chaats you could ever think about of, and this doesn’t even want any experience in cooking. Sure, you do need to maintain the weather, viz the chutneys, spices and toppings, prepared. Whereas making the aloo tikki is kind of a simple job, assembling the chaat is simpler.
The aloo tikkis on this chaat preparation are the essential ones, not with none additional filling in them. Although, you’ll be able to utterly go along with your artistic intuition and fill them up with a boiled inexperienced peas (matar), cooked chana dal, grated cottage cheese (paneer) or chopped dry fruits stuffing.
Whereas I’m additionally going to say extra particularly in regards to the aloo tikki later on this put up, listed below are the two chutney recipes you could make at dwelling itself. Then, the general Aloo Tikki Chaat generally is a recipe constructed from the scratch. Belief me, you’ll solely be pleased and pleased with your self.
- Green Chutney – Make it with contemporary coriander leaves (cilantro), contemporary mint leaves or with each. This particular recipe is a spicy one made with simply coriander leaves.
- Imli Chutney – It is a candy and bitter one made with tamarind (imli) and jaggery.
Extra On The Recipe
I’ve saved the recipe of this Aloo Tikki Chaat on the more healthy facet by not deep frying the potato tikki, not even shallow frying. However, simply pan frying in slightly little bit of oil. Often, road fashion aloo tikkis are fried in copious quantities of oil. I’ve used about 1.5 tablespoons oil for frying every batch of 5 aloo tikkis.
You’ll be able to add variations to this chaat by garnishing additionally with contemporary pomegranate arils, finely chopped onions, some sev and crushed papdi. Since, my recipe is nearer to the one accessible on the streets of Delhi, I haven’t added any of this.
The easiest way to relish this Aloo Tikki Chaat is by consuming it as quickly as it’s ready. You’ll get about 10 medium dimension aloo tikkis with this recipe. Nonetheless, this quantity will differ with the dimensions of the tikki you wish to have.
The way to make Aloo Tikki Chaat
Make Potato Tikki combination
1. Rinse and take 4 medium potatoes in a 2 liter stovetop stress cooker. Add ½ teaspoon salt and sufficient water nearly overlaying the potatoes.
Stress cook dinner on medium warmth for 4 to five whistles or until the potatoes are softened and develop a mashable consistency.
When the stress drops naturally within the cooker, then solely open the lid. Rigorously drain all of the water totally and put aside the cooked potatoes to chill.
2. When the potatoes change into heat, peel and mash properly. Let the mashed potatoes cool utterly.
3. As soon as the mashed potatoes cool, add the next listed floor spices:
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon Kashmiri purple chili powder
- ½ teaspoon chaat masala
- ½ teaspoon dried mango powder
4. Then, add ¼ cup chopped coriander leaves and salt as per style.
5. Add 4 to five tablespoons rice flour. You may additionally use bread crumbs, cornstarch as a substitute of rice flour.
6. Combine very properly. Examine the style and add extra chaat masala, purple chili powder, dried mango powder or salt, if required.
7. Make medium dimension balls from the combination. Form or flatten them into spherical flattened patties.
Fry Potato Tikki
8. Warmth 1.5 to 2 tablespoons oil on a tawa or skillet or frying pan. Preserve the warmth to medium after which place the aloo tikki on the tawa or pan.
9. Start to fry the tikkis.
10. When one facet is golden and crisp, flip every tikki and fry the second facet.
11. Flip the tikkis once more when the second facet is golden and crisp.
12. Flip a few times extra and fry until all of the potato patties are crisp and evenly golden.
13. Take away the potato tikkis and place them on kitchen paper towels. For frying the subsequent batch, once more add 1.5 to 2 tablespoons oil and fry in an analogous method.
Make Aloo Tikki Chaat
14. In a bowl, take ½ cup contemporary curd (yogurt) and whisk until clean.
15. Place 2 to three fried aloo tikkis in every serving plate or bowl. The tikkis need to be sizzling once you begin assembling them.
16. Pour some whisked curd as required. Curd will be skipped if you need.
17. Then, drizzle some Green Chutney. Add as required.
18. Now, drizzle some candy Tamarind Chutney. Add as required.
19. Sprinkle 2 to three pinches of chaat masala and 1 to 2 pinches of black salt throughout. At this step you’ll be able to add some sev, chopped onions and chopped coriander leaves.
20. Serve Aloo Tikki Chaat instantly.
Why This Recipe Works
Aloo Tikki is definitely a celeb on this planet of road meals in North India. Regardless of what number of occasions you’ve gotten eaten it, there’s all the time extra to it and you actually can’t get tired of it, ever. Similar goes for the class of dish referred to as chaat. As a result of, for an Indian, chaat is nearly their lifeline! You’ll be able to’t separate each these from us.
So, when introduced collectively as this Aloo Tikki Chaat, it’s solely fireworks! A filling and smashing snack to satiate all of your starvation cravings. Additionally, Aloo Tikki in itself is flexible. Beside utilizing it on this recipe, you can also make fusion dishes like Aloo Tikki Burger, Aloo Tikki Chole, Frankie and extra with it.
Aloo Tikki Chaat is a certain shot winner preparation. Spicy, candy, bitter, salty, tangy, savory, crispy, crunchy – identify the profile, it’s all there on this dish. A novel amalgamation of flavors and textures. What’s extra superior is you could customise it, and switch it into an much more bingeworthy dish!
Please you should definitely price the recipe within the recipe card or depart a remark under you probably have made it. For extra vegetarian inspirations, Sign Up for my emails or observe me on Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
Aloo Tikki Chaat
Aloo tikki Chaat is tremendous scrumptious chatpata dish. In Aloo Tikki Chaat fried potato patties are topped with a tangy candy tamarind chutney and spicy inexperienced chutney together with curd (yogurt).
Prep Time 15 minutes
Prepare dinner Time 15 minutes
Whole Time 30 minutes
For aloo tikki combination
Making aloo tikki combination
Rinse after which take potatoes in a 2 litre stovetop stress cooker. Additionally add ½ teaspoon salt. Add sufficient water nearly overlaying the potatoes.
Stress cook dinner for 4 to five whistles on medium warmth or until the potatoes are softened, fork tender and of a mashable consistency.
Let the stress drop naturally within the cooker. Then solely open the lid. Rigorously drain all of the water and maintain the potatoes apart on a plate to chill.
When the potatoes change into heat, peel them and mash properly. Let the mashed potatoes cool utterly.
Then add turmeric powder, ginger powder, cumin powder, kashmiri purple chilli powder, chaat masala and dry mango powder.
Additionally add ¼ cup chopped coriander leaves and salt as per style.
Add 4 to five tablespoons rice flour. Combine very properly.
Examine the style and add extra chaat masala or purple chilli powder or dry mango powder or salt if required.
Make medium sized balls from the aloo tikki combination. Form or flatten them in to tikkis or patties.
Frying potato tikki
Warmth 1.5 to 2 tablespoons oil on a skillet or tawa or frying pan. Preserve the warmth to medium after which place the aloo tikkis on the tawa or pan.
Start to fry the aloo tikkis. when one facet is golden and crisp, flip every tikki and fry the second facet.
Flip the tikkis once more when the second facet is golden and crisp.
Flip a few times extra and fry until all of the alu tikkis are crisp and evenly golden.
Take away aloo tikki and place them on kitchen paper towels. For frying the subsequent batch once more add 1.5 to 2 tablespoons oil and fry in an analogous method.
Assembling and making aloo tikki chaat
In a bowl, take ½ cup of contemporary curd and whisk until clean.
Place 2 to three aloo tikkis in every serving plate or bowl. The aloo tikkis need to be sizzling once you begin assembling them.
Pour some curd as required.
Then drizzle some inexperienced chutney. Add as required.
Now drizzle some candy tamarind chutney. Add as required.
Sprinkle two to 3 pinches of chaat masala and 1 to 2 pinches of black salt throughout. At this step you’ll be able to add some sev, chopped onions and chopped coriander leaves.
Serve aloo tikki chaat instantly.
- To bind the potato tikki combination, as a substitute of rice flour, you’ll be able to add bread crumbs, cornstarch and tapioca flour.
- Add the rice flour or cornstarch or any binding ingredient solely after the mashed potatoes have cooled.
- Mash the potatoes very properly. It helps when you grate the cooked potatoes first after which mash them.
- You’ll be able to even shallow fry the aloo tikki as a substitute of pan frying them.
- If you happen to want, add extra inexperienced chillies within the inexperienced chutney to make a spicy inexperienced chutney topping for the aloo chaat.
- Recipe will be halved or doubled or tripled.
Aloo Tikki Chaat
Quantity Per Serving
Energy 225 Energy from Fats 90
% Each day Worth*
Saturated Fats 2g13%
Trans Fats 1g
Ldl cholesterol 3mg1%
Vitamin A 416IU8%
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) 1mg67%
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 1mg59%
Vitamin B3 (Niacin) 2mg10%
Vitamin B6 1mg50%
Vitamin B12 1µg17%
Vitamin C 21mg25%
Vitamin E 4mg27%
Vitamin Okay 3µg3%
Vitamin B9 (Folate) 31µg8%
* P.c Each day Values are based mostly on a 2000 calorie weight loss program.
This Aloo Tikki Chaat recipe from the archives first printed in December 2017 has been republished and up to date on November 2022.Source