Fast and simple Asian Lettuce Wraps are scrumptious! Made with floor hen, shiitake mushrooms, water chestnuts with a spicy hoisin sauce.
Asian Lettuce Wraps
A few of you most likely know the way a lot I like utilizing lettuce leaves as a wrap for every part from Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps and Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps to BLT Lettuce Wraps and Thai Chicken Peanut Lettuce Tacos. They immediately make the dish low in carbs and energy and don’t intervene with the flavors of the filling. This Asian Lettuce Wrap recipe is not any exception. Impressed by the restaurant, PF Chang and so scrumptious, I can’t wait so that you can attempt them!
This wholesome hen lettuce wrap recipe was barely tailored from my good friend Bee’s (of Rasa Malaysia) first cookbook, Easy Chinese Recipes: Family Favorites from Dim Sum to Kung Pao. Her ebook is filled with her favourite Chinese language dishes with quick and easy recipes. Whether or not you might be celebrating the Chinese language New Yr, watching a soccer recreation, or simply having some buddies over, I extremely advocate making copycat recipe. If you wish to make this faster, you should buy floor hen and use it instead. This makes 6 wraps as an appetizer, to make it a meal, I might double the recipe to serve 4.
What lettuce is greatest for lettuce wraps?
I’ve a couple of favourite lettuce choices for lettuce wraps. Every leaf ought to be deep sufficient to carry the filling, with out wilting when including heat meals. The most effective lettuce for lettuce wraps are sturdy head lettuces similar to iceberg, bibb, Boston, endive and little gem.
Asian Lettuce Wraps Substances
- Boneless, Skinless Rooster Thighs: I made my very own floor hen by placing it in a meals processor. Nonetheless, you should buy packaged floor hen to save lots of time.
- Water Chestnuts for crunch however swap them with chopped celery should you favor.
- Dried Shiitake Mushrooms: When you can’t discover dried mushrooms, recent, chopped shiitake or cremini mushrooms will work.
- Marinade: Diminished-sodium soy sauce, darkish soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, rice wine or sherry, sugar, white pepper
- Garlic: Finely chop two cloves of garlic.
- Lettuce: Iceberg, bibb, Boston, endive and little gem
- Scallions or inexperienced onion: Garnish the wraps with diced scallions.
- Spicy Hoisin Dipping Sauce: Hoisin sauce, chili sauce (like sriracha), heat water
The way to Make Asian Lettuce Wraps
- Mushrooms: Place the mushrooms in sizzling water for a couple of minutes to melt, take away the stems, and finely chop.
- Make the sauce/marinade by combining all of the elements from the soy sauces to pepper.
- Marinade the hen, mushrooms, and water chestnuts for quarter-hour.
- Combine the spicy hoisin dipping sauce elements in a small bowl and put aside.
- Sauté: Warmth the sesame oil in a wok or giant skillet over medium-high warmth. Prepare dinner the garlic for 10 seconds, after which add the hen combination. Stir fry for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Serve: Spoon 1 / 4 cup of hen into every lettuce leaf, and high with scallions and dipping sauce.
What to Serve with Asian Lettuce Wraps
- Meat: Swap floor hen for lean floor turkey, floor pork or floor beef.
- Vegetarian Lettuce Wraps: Substitute tofu crumbles or chopped portobello mushrooms for hen.
- Mushrooms: The mushroom taste is refined, however should you’re not a fan, omit them and use crimson peppers or yellow bell peppers.
- Soy Sauce: These Asian lettuce wraps use two several types of soy sauce. Darkish soy sauce is thicker, sweeter, and darker than the common sort, however should you don’t have it, substitute extra soy sauce or oyster or hoisin sauce. You can too use tamari or coconut aminos for gluten-free options to low sodium soy sauce.
- Oyster Sauce: Sub oyster sauce with fish sauce or hoisin.
- Garlic: Swap it for recent grated ginger, or use each.
- Pepper: Freshly floor black pepper will work rather than white pepper.
- Nuts: Prime your wraps with chopped cashews or peanuts for additional crunch.
- Gentle Dipping Sauce: Omit the sriracha.
Extra lettuce wrap recipes:
Asian Rooster Lettuce Wraps
These fast and simple genuine Asian Rooster Lettuce Wraps are so scrumptious, made with sautéed floor hen, shiitake mushrooms and water chestnuts with a spicy hoisin dipping sauce.
- 8 oz skinless, boneless hen thighs, floor
- 1/4 cup water chestnuts, chopped high quality
- 1/4 cup dried shiitake mushrooms, When you can’t discover dried, recent, chopped shiitake mushrooms will work
- 1 tbsp lowered sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp darkish soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice wine or dry sherry
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- freshly floor white pepper, to style
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 6 iceberg lettuce leaves, rinsed (cautious to not break)
- 2 tbsp diced scallions
For the Spicy Hoisin Dipping Sauces:
- 4 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1/2 tsp chili sauce, I used Sriracha
- 1 tbsp heat water
Place mushrooms in sizzling water to melt a couple of minutes. Take away stems and chop high quality.
Mix soy sauces, oyster sauce, 1/2 tsp sesame oil, rice wine, sugar, and pepper in a bowl.
Mix floor hen (I put the hen within the meals processor), softened mushrooms and water chestnuts right into a bowl. Pour over hen; toss. Let marinate for quarter-hour.
Combine Spicy Hoisin Dipping Sauce elements in one other bowl. Put aside.
Warmth remaining sesame oil in a wok or giant skillet over medium-high warmth. Add garlic; cook dinner till golden, about 10 seconds. Add hen combination; stir fry till browned, breaking the hen up because it cooks, about 4-5 minutes.
To serve, spoon 1/4 cup of the hen into every lettuce leaf. Garnish with scallions and a spoon just a little Spicy Hoisin Dipping Sauce onto each.
If you wish to make this faster, you should buy floor hen and use it instead. This makes 6 wraps as an appetizer, to make it a meal, I might double the recipe to serve 4.
Serving: 1lettuce wrap, Energy: 102kcal, Carbohydrates: 9.5g, Protein: 8.5g, Fats: 3g, Saturated Fats: 0.5g, Ldl cholesterol: 32mg, Sodium: 344mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 4.5g
WW Factors Plus: 3
Key phrases: asian hen lettuce wraps, asian lettuce wraps, hen lettuce wraps, easy methods to make lettuce wraps, lettuce wraps