Elevate your hand in the event you grew up on Hamburger Helper. 🖐 Yeah, me too. 🙂 This Beef Taco Pasta is sort of a selfmade model of your favourite childhood dinner in a field with a southwest spin. It has floor beef, a tacky tomato sauce, inexperienced chiles, pasta, a wholesome dose of taco seasoning, and tons of scrumptious consolation multi function bowl. Plus, all of it cooks in a single pot, which makes time for supper so quick and simple. #WIN
Initially posted 8/25/2013, up to date 2/19/2022.
What Type of Pasta to Use
I used small pasta shells this time round as a result of that’s what I had available, however I initially made this recipe with egg noodles. You should use different brief pasta shapes as nicely, preserving in thoughts that you could be have to simmer barely longer or for much less time relying on the kind of pasta used. Rotini and penne are additionally good choices.
What Else Can I Add to Taco Pasta?
That is my favourite a part of any recipe. I really like rummaging by means of my fridge or pantry searching for leftovers that may be added to no matter I’m cooking to ensure nothing I purchase goes to waste. Listed below are another elements that you would be able to add to your Beef Taco Pasta that will additionally style nice with this taste profile:
- Jalapeños (recent or pickled)
- Bitter cream
- Black olives
- Black beans
- Pickled pink onions
Swap Out the Meat
This recipe is tremendous versatile, so if you wish to use a unique sort of floor meat, like floor turkey or floor rooster, that will work simply as nicely. Likewise, you would use a vegetarian floor beef different, or simply skip the bottom beef altogether and substitute it with a can of black beans. So many choices!
One Pot Beef Taco Pasta
This Beef Taco Pasta is sort of a selfmade model of hamburger helper with a southwest taste spin. Hearty, scrumptious, and comforting!
Servings: 6 1.3 cups every
- 1 Tbsp olive oil ($0.16)
- 1 yellow onion ($0.32)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced ($0.16)
- 1/2 lb. floor beef ($3.00)
- 1 packet taco seasoning* ($0.67)
- 1 15oz. can diced tomatoes ($0.79)
- 1 4oz. can diced inexperienced chiles ($0.67)
- 1/2 lb. small pasta shells ($0.50)
- 2 cups beef broth ($0.26)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese ($1.15)
- 2 inexperienced onions, sliced ($0.20)
- Cube the onion and mince the garlic. Add the onion, garlic, and olive oil to a deep skillet or wide-bottomed pot. Sauté over medium warmth till the onions are tender.
- Add the bottom beef and taco seasoning and proceed to cook dinner and stir till the bottom beef is cooked by means of.
- Add the diced tomatoes (with juices) and diced inexperienced chiles (with juices) to the meat and stir to mix.
- Lastly, add the pasta and beef broth and stir to mix as soon as once more. It is okay if the pasta isn’t absolutely submerged underneath the broth.
- Place a lid on the pot and switch the warmth as much as medium-high. Permit the broth to come back as much as a full boil. As soon as boiling, give the pasta a stir, place the lid again on high, and switch the warmth all the way down to medium-low.
- Let the pasta proceed to simmer, stirring each jiffy and all the time changing the lid, for about 10 minutes or till the pasta is tender. There needs to be some thick saucy liquid left within the pot as soon as the pasta is cooked.
- Add the shredded cheddar cheese and stir till it has melted into the sauce. Prime with sliced inexperienced onions and serve!
See how we calculate recipe costs here.
Serving: 1.3 cups ・ Energy: 360 kcal ・ Carbohydrates: 34 g ・ Protein: 17 g ・ Fats: 17 g ・ Sodium: 915 mg ・ Fiber: 3 g
Dietary values are estimates solely. See our full nutrition disclaimer here.
The tools part above accommodates affiliate hyperlinks to merchandise we use and love. As an Amazon Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Methods to Make Beef Taco Pasta – Step by Step Pictures
Cube one yellow onion and mince two cloves of garlic. Add them to a deep skillet or wide-bottomed pot with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sauté over medium warmth till the onions are tender.
Subsequent, add ½ lb. floor beef and one packet of taco seasoning (or homemade taco seasoning). Proceed to cook dinner over medium till the bottom beef is cooked by means of.
Add one 15oz. can diced tomatoes (with juices) and one 4oz. can diced inexperienced chiles (with juices).
Add ½ lb. pasta shells (raw) and a pair of cups of beef broth. Stir all the things to mix. It’s okay if the pasta isn’t absolutely submerged within the broth.
Place a lid on the skillet or pot, flip the warmth as much as medium-high, and permit the broth to come back as much as a boil. As soon as it reaches a full boil, give the pasta a stir (put the lid again in place), flip the warmth all the way down to medium-low. Let the pasta proceed to simmer, stirring as soon as each jiffy and all the time changing the lid, for about 10 minutes or till the pasta is tender.
As soon as the pasta is tender there ought to nonetheless be some thick saucy liquid left within the skillet.
Add 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese to the pasta and stir till it has melted into the thick tomato sauce.
Prime the tacky taco pasta with sliced inexperienced onions and serve!