Beetroot cutlet recipe with step-by-step pics. Crispy and scrumptious beetroot patties made with beets, potatoes, semolina and spices. A vegan beetroot tikki recipe.
These cutlets may be had plain or you may pair them with some burger buns or in pita bread or make wraps or rolls from them.
The recipe of beetroot cutlets is straightforward. boil after which mash beetroot and potatoes. Add spices, combine and form in tikkis. Then coat them in semolina (rava) after which pan fry them. For frying, you may add little oil as doable or use a non-stick pan for frying.
Beetroots are favourite tubers and I make many Beetroot Recipes like beetroot paratha, beetroot halwa, beetroot poori and so forth.
This beetroot cutlet recipe is customized from “Flavors of Mumbai” weblog here. Ever since I made them for the primary time, I’ve been making these cutlets sometimes they usually have at all times been a success at dwelling.
I did make some minor diversifications to the recipe. What turned out was a incredible Beetroot tikki a lot in style just like the North Indian aloo tikki. We had paired these with home made burger buns and a few Indian chutneys with onion, tomato slices.
These beetroot tikki pair nicely With burgers or Indian pav. Additionally they may make a very good combo with the Punjabi chana masala. Even can go nicely with some mint chutney and candy chutney together with some yogurt.
Learn how to make Beetroot Cutlet
1. Rinse 2 medium-sized beetroot (250 grams beetroot) and three medium or 2 massive potatoes (275 grams potatoes).
Place them in a 2 litre strain cooker. Add sufficient water nearly overlaying the potatoes. Additionally add ½ teaspoon salt.
Stress cook dinner for 7 to eight whistles on medium warmth. Open the lid when the strain settles down and drain all of the water.
2. As soon as each the beetroots and potatoes change into heat or quiet down, then peel and grate them in a bowl. Let the grated potatoes and beetroot quiet down fully.
3. Then add 1 teaspoon floor or minced ginger and 1 inexperienced chili (finely chopped).
4. Add the next spice powders – ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder, ½ teaspoon Kashmiri pink chili powder (or cayenne pepper), 1 teaspoon fennel powder, ½ teaspoon garam masala powder, 1 teaspoon coriander powder, 1 teaspoon chaat masala and 1 teaspoon dry mango powder (or 1 teaspoon lemon juice). Additionally add 1 teaspoon salt or as per style.
5. Now add 2 tablespoons corn starch. As a substitute of corn starch you should use rice flour or roasted gram flour (besan) or 2 to three slices of bread. For the bread dip in some water. Then squeeze all of the water and add. Even bread crumbs may be added.
6. Combine very nicely. Verify the style and add extra salt if required.
7. Now form into tikkis or cutlets or patties. If the combination feels unfastened and moist, you may add extra corn flour, rice flour or bread slice.
Make Beetroot Cutlet
8. In a plate take ½ cup rava (sooji or cream of wheat). Place the beetroot cutlet on the rava and dredge it evenly with the nice rava granules. Mud of additional rava within the plate itself.
9. This manner dredge or coat every beetroot cutlet with the rava and hold apart.
10. Warmth 2 tablespoons of oil for frying in a pan or tawa. Maintain the warmth to medium-low or medium. Place the beetroot tikki and start to pan-fry them. Fry them in batches relying on the scale of skillet, pan or tawa.
11. When one facet seems crisp and golden flip over every beetroot cutlet gently with a spatula and fry the second facet.
12. Flip once more a few occasions for even frying. Fry them until crisp and golden, however guarantee to not burn them.
13. Place them on kitchen paper towels for further oil to be absorbed.
14. Serve beetroot cutlet scorching with any chutney or dip of your alternative like tamarind chutney or coriander chutney or candy inexperienced chutney.
You may even make burgers or sliders or wraps with the beetroot patties topped along with your most popular sauces and veggies.
Typically I make sandwiches with these patties and serve them as a night snack.
Extra Indian snacks recipes
Please you’ll want to fee the recipe within the recipe card or go away a remark beneath when you have made it. For extra vegetarian inspirations, Sign Up for my emails or comply with me on Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
Beetroot Cutlet | Beetroot Tikki | Beet Patties
Crispy and scrumptious beetroot patties or cutlet made with beets, potatoes, semolina and spices. Makes for a tasty night snack.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Prepare dinner Time 20 minutes
Complete Time 40 minutes
In a pan or strain cooker, boil each the beetroot and potatoes along with some salt and sufficient water for 7 to eight whistles on medium flame.
Drain all of the water. Then peel and grate the beetroot in a bowl.
Grate the potato in the identical bowl. That is completed to get a even easy mashed potato combine.
Add all of the spice powders, inexperienced chili, salt and corn starch. As a substitute of corn starch you can even add rice flour or soaked bread slices.
Combine every part nicely along with your palms. Now form them into spherical patties or tikkis.
making beetroot cutlet
Take some roasted semolina (rava) in a plate.
Place every cutlet on the semolina and make sure that they’re evenly coated on all sides by the semolina.
Mud off the additional rava.
In a pan add some 2 tablespoons oil and fry the cutlets until they’re crisp and golden.
Place the fried cutlets on kitchen paper towels for further oil to be absorbed.
Serve beetroot cutlet scorching with any chutney or dip or sauce of your alternative.
- Do test the salt within the combination earlier than coating and frying the tikkis or cutlets.
- If the beetroot tikki don’t maintain form then add extra corn starch or rice flour or yet one more slice of bread to the mashed beetroot combination.
- You may also bake the beetroot tikki within the oven as an alternative of pan frying them. For baking preheat oven at 180 levels celsius for about 10 minutes after which bake for 15 to twenty minutes or until the beetroot tikkis are completed.
Beetroot Cutlet | Beetroot Tikki | Beet Patties
Quantity Per Serving (4 g)
Energy 94 Energy from Fats 27
% Day by day Worth*
Saturated Fats 1g6%
Trans Fats 1g
Ldl cholesterol 1mg0%
Vitamin A 38IU1%
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) 1mg67%
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 1mg59%
Vitamin B3 (Niacin) 1mg5%
Vitamin B6 1mg50%
Vitamin C 5mg6%
Vitamin E 1mg7%
Vitamin Ok 1µg1%
Vitamin B9 (Folate) 47µg12%
* % Day by day Values are primarily based on a 2000 calorie weight loss program.
This Beetroot Cutlet Recipe from the archives first printed in July 2012 has been republished and up to date on November 2022.Source