Cereal Chivda is a good substitute for unique chivda. It is a fast and straightforward recipe to make. Combine of various cereals, mildly spiced makes an pleasing crunchy snack.
- 4 cups rice crispy cereal
- 1/2 cup corn flakes
- 1/2 cup nice potato sticks
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup roasted chana dal
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds (rai)
- Pinch of asafetida (hing)
- 1 inexperienced chili chopped alter to style
- About 10 curry leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds (saunf)
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric (haldi)
- 1/4 spoon pink chili powder alter to style
- 1/2 teaspoon salt alter to style
- 1/4 teaspoon mango powder (amchoor)
- Warmth the oil in a large saucepan over medium excessive warmth. After oil is reasonably scorching add mustard seeds.
- As mustard seeds crack add asafetida, inexperienced chili, and curry leaves. As precaution cowl the pan instantly for few seconds as a result of as you add curry leaves to grease it’ll splatter.
- Decrease the warmth to medium low, stir-fry for about 30 seconds; add raisins, peanuts and chana dal, stir-fry for one minute.
- Add fennel seeds, chili powder, turmeric, and salt combine it effectively.
- Add rice crispy cereal and corn flakes (crush the corn flakes earlier than including to the combo) stir the combination gently, add potato sticks combine it effectively fast and switch off the warmth. Chivda is prepared.
- Let the cereal chivda cool of to room temperature earlier than serving.
- Cereal chivda might be saved for a number of days in hermetic container.