These Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies are a basic favourite. Buttery, wealthy, and with loads of gooey chocolate chips, they’re the right dessert or snack to serve to your family and friends.
Desk Of Contents
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe Particulars
I really like this basic recipe as a result of it’s chocolaty and chewy and goes with the whole lot. I imply, actually, who doesn’t love chocolate chip cookies?
- TASTE: Chock filled with chocolate chips, these buttery cookies are delicious.
- TEXTURE: Chewy and gentle, they’re laced with melted chocolate for a deliciously gooey deal with.
- TIME: These Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies solely take half-hour from begin to end.
- EASE: So easy, this recipe will get loads of use. And you may freeze the dough for tasty chocolate chip cookies anytime.
What You’ll Want
- Brown sugar– I favor to make use of golden brown sugar however mild or darkish brown sugar will work too.
- Melted Unsalted Butter– if you happen to don’t need to soften the butter, you should utilize softened butter, however this may require extra mixing energy, so at that time you will want to make use of an electric hand mixer.
- Eggs– The additional egg yolk makes these cookies chewier, so don’t go away it out.
- Semisweet chocolate chips– Should you favor milk chocolate, you may defintely use milk chocolate chips, however cut back that quantity of granulated sugar by 1/4 cup or it is likely to be too candy.
Find out how to Make Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Combine the moist substances. In a big bowl, add the sugars and melted butter. With a whisk, mix totally till they’re effectively included. Then add the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk. Combine once more.
- Sift within the dry substances. As soon as the eggs are effectively combined, maintain a fine-mesh sieve over the bowl and add within the all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt. Then sift the dry substances proper into the batter.
- Combine the whole lot collectively. Use a spatula to softly combine the flour into the cookie dough till there aren’t any patches of dry flour seen.
- Add the chocolate chips. Lastly, add within the semisweet chocolate chips.
- Scoop and chill the dough. Now scoop out mounds of the cookie dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. You’ll be able to go away them as is or roll them out into balls. Then let the dough chill within the fridge for at the least 2 hours.
- Bake. Bake at 350 levels Fahrenheit for about 8-10 minutes, relying on the scale of your dough balls. Serve and revel in!
Professional Tip: To make your Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies look nearly as good as they style, roll them out into balls and dot them with additional chocolate chips.
- Combine the butter and sugar well- Whisk them for at the least a minute so there aren’t any lumps in your batter, guaranteeing that the cookies will prove moist and chewy.
- Totally combine within the dry substances– You don’t need dry patches within the dough, so be sure to’ve totally included the dry and moist substances.
- Chill the dough- It will hold the dough from spreading a lot throughout baking. It additionally dries up extra moisture, resulting in chewier cookies.
- Range the baking time primarily based on cookie size- The bake time will fluctuate relying on the scale of the cookie scoop you employ (I used a medium 1 1/2 inch cookie scoop). Add time for bigger scoops, reduce it for smaller.
Add-ins and Substitutions
- Substitute the chocolate chips- Attempt totally different chips on this recipe, similar to darkish chocolate, white chocolate, peppermint, peanut butter, and even mini M&Ms.
- Add nuts- Should you like a bit crunch in your chocolate chip cookies, then add some chopped walnuts, macadamia nuts, or pecans.
- Make them gluten-free- Substitute gluten-free flour to make these basic cookies wheat-free.
- Double down on the chocolate- For the true chocolate lover, dip or drizzle the cookies with chocolate ganache or melted white chocolate. Allow them to set after which serve.
Should you love chewy cookies, make certain so as to add an additional egg yolk to the cookie dough. Additionally, barely underbake the dough for a softer texture. Utilizing extra brown sugar than granulated sugar can even assist develop a chewy texture.
The reply relies on what texture you need. For chewy cookies like these, you need to use melted butter. Softened butter will lead to a extra cake-like cookie.
These basic Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies might be served after meals, as a snack, or as a part of a dessert desk. Listed here are some concepts to attempt:
Make These Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies in Advance
Make forward: You can also make the cookie dough balls on this recipe forward of time and retailer them within the fridge or freezer till you might be able to bake and serve them.
Storing: As soon as they’ve cooled, retailer any leftover Chocolate Chip Cookies in an hermetic container at room temperature for 5-7 days.
Freeze: You’ll be able to freeze the chocolate chip cookie dough balls by inserting them on a sheet pan and freezing for about 2 hours so that they don’t stick collectively, then transferring them to a ziplock bag. Or you may enable the baked cookies to chill after which retailer them in a freezer-safe container for as much as 8 months.
Extra Yummy Cookie Recipes!
Love this recipe? Please go away a 5 star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ score within the recipe card under ⬇️ and/or a evaluate within the remark part additional down.
Full Recipe Directions
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
These Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies are wealthy and buttery with tons of chocolate chips. This basic recipe is sinfully good and really easy to make!
Servings: 55 small cookies
Now combine in 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, together with 1 egg, and 1 egg yolk.
As soon as the eggs are effectively combined, maintain a fine-mesh sieve over the bowl and add in 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, and a couple of teaspoons salt. Then sift the dry substances proper into the batter.
Use a spatula to softly combine the flour into the cookie dough. Maintain mixing till there aren’t any patches of dry 4 seen.
Lastly, add in 2 cups of semisweet chocolate chips.
As soon as the chocolate chips are combined in, scoop out mounds of the cookie dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. You’ll be able to go away the dough balls as they’re or roll them out into balls. You too can dot them with additional chocolate chips to make them look prettier (optionally available). Then let the dough chill within the fridge for at the least 2 hours.
Bake at 350 levels Fahrenheit for about 8-10 minutes. Observe: bake time will fluctuate relying on the scale of the cookie scoop you employ. I used a medium (1 1/2 inch cookie scoop).
Energy: 124kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 1g | Fats: 6g | Saturated Fats: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 2g | Trans Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 109mg | Potassium: 54mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 115IU | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 1mg