Date and Raisin chutney! This unique candy and bitter chutney is mildly spiced, it will praise any meal. This recipe is fast and simple to make.
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons tamarind pulp
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 inch Ginger sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt regulate to style
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed roasted powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pink chili powder regulate to style
- 2 black cardamom
- Approx. 3/4 cup water
- Soak the raisins for about half an hour.
- Slice the dates in 8 items.
- Take away the shell from cardamom and crush the seeds.
- In a sauce pan mix the water with tamarind, sugar, salt, black pepper, pink chili powder, cumin powder, and cardamom Bbring to boil and let it simmer on low warmth for about 2 minutes.
- Add dates, raisins, and ginger, convey to boil and switch off the warmth.
- Let it sit for about an hour earlier than serving.
- Chutney is served at room temperature and might be refrigerated for a month.