Murabbas are principally preserves made with a wide range of fruits in addition to greens too. Probably the most in style ones in India is the amle ka murabba, which is made with Indian gooseberry or amla. Nevertheless, on this publish, I’ve shared a moderately not so in style, but scrumptious Gajar Ka Murabba recipe that’s merely a carrot protect. This can be a winter delicacy since utilizing pink carrots to make this dish provides you with the very best outcomes. The recipe is vegan, gluten free and is sort of simple to make. You simply must observe it religiously, with a purpose to get the right texture and consistency.
About Gajar Ka Murabba
Similar to this Gajar Ka Murabba, different murabbas made with completely different fruits, veggies, sugar and completely different flavorings are a standard approach of preserving the goodness and high quality of those elements, for a protracted time period. On this approach, you possibly can take pleasure in some seasonal fruits too, all yr spherical. As an illustration, this Aam Ka Murabba.
For making Gajar Ka Murabba, primarily pink carrots are cooked in a sugar syrup flavored with a number of spices. The tip result’s juicy, syrupy, tender and comfortable carrots which style actually incredible. This Carrot Murabba preparation is an heirloom recipe and one we’ve been making for ages.
Not simply in India, murabbas are frequent in lots of different cuisines all over the world – Center East, Central Asia, South Asia and South Caucasus too. Often, the frequent selection of fruits or veggies to make this candied candy protect are apricot, plum, mango, apple, ash gourd, Indian gooseberry (amla), and so on. This Gajar Ka Murabba is a typical North Indian favourite in the course of the winter season.
Along with this Gajar Ka Murabba with the winter season particular pink carrots, different Carrot Recipes which might be a favourite at my dwelling throughout this time is that this Gajar Ka Halwa and Gajar Barfi. Actually, not simply in my dwelling, these are a number of the quintessential Indian mithai (candy) decisions which might be much-loved by every person.
Extra on this recipe
Gajar Ka Murabba is superb for folks with imaginative and prescient or eye associated issues. Clearly, as a result of carrots are recognized to be actually good for the eyes. This murabba can be thought-about as an Ayurvedic drugs. Making Carrot Murabba is straightforward however time-consuming, because the carrots are slow-cooked in a sugar syrup.
I observe a one-pot technique of cooking the carrots and this does take time. So, you can also make this Gajar Ka Murabba, when you are doing one thing else additionally in your kitchen. You don’t must be subsequent to the pan or pot on a regular basis. Nevertheless, an occasional examine is required.
For this Gajar Ka Murabba recipe, I’ve used 500 grams pink carrots. You may even double the recipe simply through the use of 1 kilogram of carrots. I’ve used natural uncooked sugar on this murabba recipe. You can even use jaggery or common granulated white sugar.
You may relish the Gajar Ka Murabba as a candy, or may also serve it with ice lotions or as a facet with different desserts.
The right way to make Gajar Ka Murabba
1. Rinse and peel 500 grams carrots. For this murabba, use tender juicy carrots and never arduous or fibrous carrots. Additionally, go for skinny carrots, as they take much less time to cook dinner.
2. With a fork, prick holes on the carrots throughout. Use a big fork in order that the holes are barely deeper, as then the carrots will take in extra sugar syrup.
3. Reduce the carrots in halves. Take every halve and slice it from the middle.
4. Now, slice every bit from the middle, once more in 2 components.
5. Now, minimize horizontally all of the 4 items. You want barely thick 2.5 to three inch carrot fingers.
If the carrot are skinny, then you definitely don’t want to chop them from the middle. Simply quarter them and you’ll get 4 carrot fingers.
6. Some carrots could also be gentle yellow colored from the centre. Take away this yellow colored half.
7. Chop all of the carrots this fashion. You have to 3.5 cups carrots.
Make Gajar Ka Murabba
8. Take the carrots in a medium-sized thick bottomed pot or pan. You can even take a heavy kadai.
9. Add 250 grams sugar or 1.25 heaped cups sugar.
10. Add 1.25 cups water.
11. Combine and stir so that each one sugar is dissolved.
12. Place the pan on low to medium-low warmth and start to simmer the combination. Don’t cowl pan with any lid.
13. Whereas the carrots are cooking, maintain checking often.
14. The carrots will launch their juices and the combination will look watery. Nevertheless, nonetheless proceed to simmer.
15. After simmering for some minutes, the carrots can even be nearly cooked.
16. As soon as the carrots are nearly cooked or tender, proceed to simmer the combination.
Cook dinner Carrot Murabba Additional
17. Slowly the sugar syrup will begin thickening and lowering.
18. Proceed to cook dinner. The combination will look shiny and the color of carrots can even change.
19. When the syrup turns into sticky, right now you could listen. Stir usually, in order that the combination doesn’t follow the underside of the pan. Thus, its advisable to make use of heavy thick bottomed pan or kadai.
20. Take a little bit of syrup and let it cool a bit. Then, examine the sugar syrup consistency. It is best to get a half-thread consistency. That means, the thread breaks as quickly because it varieties.
If you wish to protect the murabba for a very long time, then cook dinner until one-thread consistency.
With one-thread consistency, there could also be formation of sugar crystals. So, you possibly can add a number of drops of lemon juice within the syrup to stop sugar crystallization.
21. Then, take away the pan from warmth and add ½ teaspoon inexperienced cardamom powder.
22. Subsequent, add 10 to 12 saffron strands. You can even add 2 teaspoons rose water, as a substitute of saffron.
23. Combine and let Carrot Murabba cool right down to room temperature.
24. Then, spoon the Gajar Murabba in a clear glass jar. Retailer at room temperature in a cool or chilly local weather. Hold it within the fridge if its humid, heat or sizzling the place you reside.
The recipe yields 1 medium jar of Carrot Murabba. You may simply double or triple the recipe.
25. Serve Gajar Ka Murabba as a candy or as a facet condiment along with your meals.
- It’s best to make use of pink, tender and juicy carrots, and never arduous or fibrous ones, for this murabba recipe. Additionally, decide to make use of skinny carrots as they take much less time to cook dinner.
- Make sure that to prick the carrots throughout with a big fork, in order that the holes are deeper. This manner the carrots will take in extra sugar syrup.
- Some carrots have a yellow-colored heart half in them. You must discard this half.
- I might advise you to make use of a heavy, thick-bottomed pan or kadai to cook dinner this murabba. You additionally must maintain stirring the murabba, as soon as the syrup turns into sticky. It will save the murabba from sticking on the backside of the pan.
- For this murabba, you must cook dinner the sugar syrup to a half-thread consistency, that’s, the thread ought to break as quickly because it varieties.
- To protect the murabba for a very long time, you possibly can cook dinner the sugar syrup to one-thread consistency. However with this, there are possibilities of sugar crystallization within the syrup. To stop this, you possibly can add a number of drops of lemon juice within the syrup.
- Make sure that to place the murabba in a clear, dry glass jar. You may retailer it at room temperature (in a chilly local weather) or refrigerate in a hotter or hotter setting.
Please remember to charge the recipe within the recipe card or go away a remark under in case you have made it. For extra vegetarian inspirations, Sign Up for my emails or observe me on Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
Gajar ka Murabba | Carrot Murabba
Gajar ka murabba is a carrot protect the place contemporary, juicy, tender carrots are cooked in sugar syrup flavored with a number of spices. The tip result’s a juicy, syrupy, tender and comfortable carrots which style too good.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook dinner Time 40 minutes
Complete Time 45 minutes
- Rinse in water a number of occasions after which peel the carrots. Use tender juicy carrots and never arduous or fibrous carrots. Additionally go for skinny carrots as they take much less time to cook dinner.
With a fork prick holes on the carrots throughout. Use a big fork in order that the holes are barely deeper as then the carrots will take in extra sugar syrup.
Reduce the carrots in barely thick sticks or batons of two.5 to three inches size.
Some carrots could also be gentle yellow colored from the centre. Take away this yellow colored half.
Making gajar murabba
Take the carrots in a medium sized thick bottomed pot or pan. You can even take a heavy kadai.
Add sugar and water.
Combine and stir so that each one sugar is dissolved.
Place the pan on a low to medium-low warmth and start to simmer this combination.
Don’t cowl pan with any lid. in between do examine often when the carrots are cooking.
The carrots will launch their juices and the combination will look watery. Nevertheless nonetheless proceed to simmer.
After simmering for some minutes, the carrots can even be nearly cooked.
As soon as the carrots are nearly cooked or tender, then proceed to simmer the combination.
Slowly the sugar syrup will begin thickening and lowering. The combination will begin to look shiny and the color of carrots can even change.
- When the syrup turns into sticky right now you could listen. Carry on stirring usually in order that the carrot murabba combination doesn’t follow the underside of the pan. Thus its advisable to make use of heavy thick bottomed pan or kadai.
Proceed to simmer until you get a half thread consistency within the syrup. that means the thread breaks as quickly because it varieties.
- If you wish to protect the murabba for a very long time, then cook dinner until 1 thread consistency. With one thread consistency, there could also be formation of sugar crystals. So you possibly can add a number of drops of lemon juice within the syrup.
Then maintain the pan down and add ½ teaspoon inexperienced cardamom powder.
Then add the saffron strands. You may decide so as to add 2 teaspoons rose water as a substitute of saffron.
Combine and switch off warmth. Let carrot murabba cool at room temperature.
Then spoon the gajar murabba in a clear glass jar. Retailer at room temperature if you happen to stay in a cool or chilly area. However maintain within the fridge if you happen to stay in a damp, heat or sizzling area.
Serve Gajar ka Murabba as a candy or as a facet condiment along with your meals.
- Use tender and juicy carrots to make the recipe.
- As an alternative of uncooked sugar, be at liberty to make use of white sugar or jaggery.
- Word that the approximate vitamin data is for your entire carrot murabba produced from the this recipe.
Gajar ka Murabba | Carrot Murabba
Quantity Per Serving
Energy 1207 Energy from Fats 9
% Every day Worth*
Saturated Fats 0.2g1%
Polyunsaturated Fats 1g
Monounsaturated Fats 0.1g
Vitamin A 83533IU1671%
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) 0.3mg20%
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 0.3mg18%
Vitamin B3 (Niacin) 5mg25%
Vitamin B6 1mg50%
Vitamin C 30mg36%
Vitamin E 3mg20%
Vitamin Okay 66µg63%
Vitamin B9 (Folate) 95µg24%
* P.c Every day Values are primarily based on a 2000 calorie weight loss program.
This Gajar ka Murabba publish from the weblog archives, first revealed in January 2018 has been republished and up to date on December 2022.Source