This floor beef casserole is a hearty and comforting meal anytime!
Seasoned meat, sauce, noodles, and three sorts of cheese are layered in a casserole dish and baked till bubbly!
Easy consolation meals like that is at all times the most effective. This meal is nice to prep forward and reheats and freezes effectively!
An Straightforward Weeknight Casserole
- This price range pleasant fundamental dish is a good way to stretch a pound of floor beef!
- Our straightforward, tacky recipe has all a lot taste and is simple to place collectively.
- Add in your favourite greens (something from corn or bell peppers to zucchini) to make it go even additional.
- Make and serve all week lengthy, floor beef is like chili or meatloaf, simply nearly as good (and even higher) the subsequent day!
Elements in Floor Beef Casserole
Nearly lasagna-like in taste, this can be a household favourite and makes use of substances you doubtless have available.
BEEF: Top off when floor beef is on sale! Add somewhat Italian sausage should you’d like. Should you’ve bought leftover hamburgers, break them up to make use of on this recipe instead of floor beef.
NOODLES: Select hearty noodles with twists or ridges to seize the sauce.
SAUCE: Use your fave pasta sauce with a can of complete can or homemade marinara. Diced tomatoes can be utilized however I discover that breaking apart complete tomatoes offers a greater consistency to the sauce.
CHEESE: We use cottage cheese on this recipe, ricotta can be utilized in place. Parmesan and mozzarella add further taste. Cheddar cheese is nice on this recipe too. Bitter cream may be switched out for Greek yogurt if desired.
- Swap beef for sausage, floor hen, or turkey should you’d like.
- Add nearly any veggie you’d prefer to the sauce. Prepare dinner it with the meat till tender earlier than including the sauce substances.
- Egg noodles work effectively on this recipe too.
The best way to Make Floor Beef Casserole
That is straightforward to make and at all times tasty!
- Brown Beef: Cook ground beef, onion, & garlic; drain any fats per the recipe under.
- Prep Sauce: Break up complete tomatoes and add to the skillet with pasta sauce, sugar, and seasonings. Simmer, then add half the parsley and season with salt and pepper. (Add veggies should you’d like).
- Prepare dinner Pasta: Prepare dinner pasta al dente in response to bundle instructions. Drain however don’t rinse.
- Prep Cheese Layer: Mix bitter cream, cottage cheese, egg, basil, remaining parsley, and parmesan.
- Mix & Bake: Layer pasta, cheese combination and meat sauce in a baking dish. High with cheese and bake till bubbly.
Serve this pasta casserole with an enormous piece of cornbread or crusty bread for sopping up any sauce.
Storing Leftover Casserole
Preserve leftover floor beef casserole lined within the fridge for as much as 4 days (if it lasts that lengthy)! Reheat within the microwave (or oven) for meals all through the week.
Freeze the whole casserole earlier than or after baking. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap after which aluminum foil for as much as 3 months. Thaw in a single day within the fridge and reheat as directed above. If the casserole is basically chilly within the fridge, chances are you’ll want so as to add further cooking time.
Or, freeze parts in hermetic freezer containers.
Extra Floor Beef Casserole Recipes
Did your loved ones love this Floor Beef Casserole? Make sure you depart a ranking and a remark under!
Floor Beef Casserole
This selfmade casserole is loaded with floor beef, pasta, and three completely different sorts of cheese in a flavorful tomato sauce.
Prepare dinner beef, onion, and garlic in a big deeps skillet till no pink stays. Drain fats.
Break up the canned tomatoes together with your fingers. Add (together with the juices) to the bottom beef together with pasta sauce, sugar, and Italian seasoning.
Simmer till thickened, about Quarter-hour. Stir in half of the parsley, style, and season with salt & pepper.
In the meantime, preheat the oven to 375°F.
Deliver a big pot of salted water to a boil and prepare dinner pasta al dente in response to bundle instructions. Drain, don’t rinse.
Combine bitter cream, cottage cheese, egg, basil, remaining parsley, and grated parmesan cheese in a small bowl.
Add a skinny layer of sauce to the underside of a 9×13 pan.
Layer half of the pasta, high with all bitter cream combination, the remaining pasta and the meat sauce.
High with mozzarella cheese and canopy.
Bake Quarter-hour. Uncover and bake a further 10-Quarter-hour or till golden and bubbly. Relaxation 5 minutes earlier than serving.
Preserve leftover floor beef casserole lined within the fridge for as much as 5 days.
Energy: 419 | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 28g | Fats: 15g | Saturated Fats: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 4g | Trans Fats: 0.2g | Ldl cholesterol: 90mg | Sodium: 672mg | Potassium: 750mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 758IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 224mg | Iron: 4mg
Vitamin info offered is an estimate and can fluctuate primarily based on cooking strategies and types of substances used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.