Wholesome pumpkin cookies are the proper begin to the morning, and an excellent pick-me-up any time of the day!
These cookies are candy however savory and loaded with wholesome oatmeal, nuts & raisins, and pumpkin. Tremendous wholesome, they’re good for breakfast or dunking into that all-important cup of espresso!
What are Oatmeal Pumpkin Cookies?
- Wholesome pumpkin cookies are easy to make and end up gentle and moist, nearly like a baked oatmeal chew.
- Wholesome components and decrease sugar make them a guilt free method to take pleasure in a cookie for breakfast! An excellent seize and go snack!
- Simply bake and pop within the freezer for a fast breakfast anytime. With an analogous texture to banana bread or banana muffins, you’ll wish to tuck a number of of those cookies right into a backpack or briefcase to take pleasure in any time of day!
Components for Breakfast Cookies
Oatmeal – Quaint oats (or giant flake oats) are the very best in these cookies, however instantaneous oats additionally work.
Flour – Use all function flour or substitute different well being and excessive protein spelt flour and even gluten free flour, each in a 1:1 ratio.
Spice – Everybody loves pumpkin pie spice. DIY it with this straightforward and scrumptious mix, or purchase it from the shop. Since this recipe has much less sugar than most, the spice actually kicks up the flavour. Baking simply received more healthy!
Add-ins – Make them with oatmeal, chocolate chips, cranberries & raisins, and nuts because the recipe requires.
Or for a enjoyable twist that everybody will love attempt white chocolate, caramel or butterscotch chip cookies, darkish chocolate chunks, and macadamia nuts. Regardless of the way you determine to bake this charming cookie, it is going to be a staple in your recipe field for years to come back!
Easy methods to Make Wholesome Breakfast Cookies
These gentle and scrumptious cookies are as straightforward as 1, 2, 3!
- Combine all the moist components properly (see recipe beneath).
- Add the remaining components and divide into 36 equal items. Roll into balls.
- Identical to peanut butter cookies, flatten these barely with a fork, and bake till calmly browned.
Storing Pumpkin Cookies
- Pumpkin breakfast cookies will final a few week if saved in an hermetic container or a freezer bag.
- Put a slice of bread in with them to soak up further moisture and maintain them from crumbling aside.
- To freeze, be certain that they’re absolutely cooled after which lay them flat on the underside of an hermetic container. Place a bit of parchment paper over the primary layer and proceed to create layers. Make sure to label the container with the date!
- To thaw, merely set them out on the counter they usually’ll be gentle in about an hour!
Did you take pleasure in these Wholesome Pumpkin Cookies? Make sure to depart a ranking and a remark beneath!
Wholesome Pumpkin Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
These wholesome pumpkin cookies are just like a baked oatmeal making them the proper seize & go breakfast.
Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Mix oats, flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Put aside.
Beat sugar and butter with a hand mixer till fluffy. Combine in pumpkin and egg.
Add the pumpkin combination and blend till mixed. Fold in cranberries, raisins, and pecans.
Scoop 2 degree tablespoons of cookie dough right into a ball and place on a baking sheet 2 inches aside. Use a fork to flatten to a ½” thickness.
Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or till set.
Cool on wire racks.
Energy: 138 | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 2g | Fats: 6g | Saturated Fats: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 2g | Trans Fats: 0.2g | Ldl cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 117mg | Potassium: 87mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1874IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 1mg
Vitamin info offered is an estimate and can fluctuate primarily based on cooking strategies and types of components used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.