Rework your leftover mashed potatoes into yummy loaded mashed potato desserts!
Combine leftover spuds with crispy bacon bits, inexperienced onions, and many cheddar cheese, after which panfry them till golden brown and crisp.
Serve with a dollop of bitter cream & chives, a squeeze of ketchup, or high them with leftover turkey and gravy.
We Love These Mashed Potato Desserts (and so will you!)
- Rework leftover mashed potatoes into fried potato patties with a couple of further elements and seasonings.
- Mashed potato desserts are finances pleasant, and children love ’em.
- Combine and match the cheese and different add-ins to create new flavors and burn up your leftovers.
- Fry them up in bacon grease and high with a runny fried egg for a fantastic breakfast (or use them as a base for eggs benedict).
- These potato desserts will be served alone as a light-weight dinner or as a facet dish to meat or rooster.
Elements for Mashed Potato Desserts
Mashed Potatoes – Use leftover mashed potatoes if in case you have some or use instantaneous mashed potatoes (or pre-made) in case you don’t have any. Even cauliflower mashed potatoes can be utilized for a low-carb recipe.
Cheese – Experiment with various kinds of cheese, equivalent to cheddar, parmesan cheese, Mexican mix, or pizza mozzarella.
Leftovers – As a variation, you may add leftovers like chopped rooster or turkey, leftover roasted veggies, and many others.
Seasonings – Inexperienced onions are a favourite, add in different contemporary herbs if in case you have them.
Make Mashed Potato Desserts
- Fry bacon till crispy. Cook dinner onion and garlic within the bacon grease (per recipe under).
- Add the remaining elements and type into potato desserts.
- Pan fry in bacon fats or butter till golden brown on either side.
Serve sizzling with further inexperienced onions, bitter cream, or ketchup.
Leftovers & Reheating
- Maintain leftover mashed potato pancakes in a sealed container within the fridge for as much as 5 days.
- Reheat them within the microwave, oven, or air fryer till heated by way of.
- Mashed potato desserts made in batches will be chilled and frozen for as much as 6 weeks in zippered luggage. Merely crisp them up on the stovetop or within the air fryer!
Did you get pleasure from these Loaded Mashed Potatoes? Make sure to depart a score and a remark under!
Loaded Mashed Potato Desserts
These loaded mashed potato desserts make an incredible facet dish or gentle dinner or lunch! They’re the right approach to get pleasure from leftover potatoes and the flavour combos are countless!
In a big skillet, fry the bacon over medium warmth till crispy. Drain on paper towels and, as soon as cooled, crumble.
Reserve 2 tablespoons of bacon within the frying pan. Cook dinner the onion and garlic over medium warmth till translucent. (If utilizing inexperienced onion, no have to precook).
In a medium bowl, mix crumbled bacon, mashed potatoes, cooked onion, shredded cheese, basil, parsley, salt & pepper. Combine effectively and add flour a bit at a time till the potato desserts maintain collectively. It’s possible you’ll not want the entire flour.
Soften 1 tablespoon of butter (or leftover bacon fats) in a clear skillet over medium warmth.
Scoop about ¼ of a cup of the potato combination and type it right into a ball. Place it within the sizzling pan and flatten it with a spatula till it’s about ½ – ¾″ thick. Repeat with remaining potato desserts (cooking in batches if wanted).
Fry for about 3 to 4 minutes on either side, till the potato patties are golden brown and crisp.
For greatest outcomes, serve instantly, whereas sizzling and crispy.
High with inexperienced onions, bitter cream or ketchup.
Air Fryer – Potato desserts will be cooked in an air fryer. Type into patties and brush with melted butter. Cook dinner at 400°F for about 12 minutes, turning after 6 minutes.
*Diet data supplied is an estimate and can range based mostly on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
Leftover desserts will maintain in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 5 days. They may also be frozen and can maintain for six weeks within the freezer.
Energy: 253 | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 9g | Fats: 17g | Saturated Fats: 8g | Trans Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 78mg | Sodium: 558mg | Potassium: 321mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 448IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 94mg | Iron: 1mg
Diet data supplied is an estimate and can range based mostly on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.