Mango pickle is a spicy and tangy condiment. Virtually each Indian family has their very own favourite recipes for Mango Pickle. It’s a common condiment provides the additional “oomph” to each meal.
Recipe will make about 12 oz pickle.
- 1 giant inexperienced mango uncooked pickling mango/about 2-1/2 cup cubed mango (they’re obtainable at Indian and Asian grocery retailer)
- 1 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon purple chili powder, regulate to style (lal mirch)
- 1/4 teaspoons turmeric (haldi)
- 1 tablespoons coriander seeds crushed(dhania)
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds crushed(Saunf)
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds (sabut mathi)
- 1 teaspoon nigella seeds/kalonji
- 2 tablespoons mustard oil or olive oil
- Wash and dry the mango, reduce in small cubes with pores and skin.
- In a glass bowl put the mango with salt and blend it nicely.
- Put aside for about 3-4 hour. Combine and by this time there might be some salt water. Squeeze the mango, and save the water, as we are going to use later.
- Unfold the mango slices over dry floor and let it dry out ideally in solar gentle for 4-5 hours. Mango slices must be little dry however nonetheless moist. Observe: Mangoes will cut back in quantity.
- Add all of the spices to salt water and maintain it apart.
- Combine spices, water and oil to mango slices.
- Maintain the Mango pickle in glass jar with lid on. Pickle must be prepared in 4-7 days. Mango slices are properly marinated with spices.
Pickle is nice for months.
Initially posted 2013-05-27 07:29:46.