The mixture of Indian cottage cheese or paneer and bread can be fairly a scrumptious one. I imply consider a Paneer Sandwich, Paneer Cheese Toast and even this Paneer Bread Roll. I might truly name it a flowery approach of presenting the sandwich itself, that’s, spiced crumbled paneer stuffed in bread slices, rolled after which baked. This specific recipe will be your reference, to which you’ll add or subtract your alternative of elements and switch the filling extra enjoyable. It’s completely a child pleasant recipe too.
About Paneer Bread Roll
So, earlier than diving proper into the knick-knacks of this Paneer Bread Roll, the very first thing that I might say is that utilizing Homemade Paneer on this dish is the very best factor you would most likely do.
Not simply because it could give a style unparalleled, but additionally, you’ll make sure that it’s tremendous contemporary. Plus, it would even be simpler to crumble this paneer made at house.
Now, this Paneer Bread Roll and Bread Pakoda are two of these snacks that I find yourself making with leftover bread at house, greater than usually. Often, I make a potato-cheese stuffing as it’s very easy. So, this Cheese Roll is the recipe for that.
Extra On My Recipe
Typically, I bake these rolls within the oven, however you’ll be able to toast the bread on a tawa or skillet as nicely. My alternative of bread for this recipe is all the time a Wheat Bread by default. However if you want, go for a white bread, a home made or perhaps a bakery purchased is nice.
Though this put up has the baked model of the Paneer Bread Roll, however I do know many individuals who can’t actually consider a bread roll, not being fried.
To them, I’ll simply say that give this baked one a attempt as it’s equally scrumptious. Additionally, in case you simply can’t, then right here’s the Fried Bread Roll recipe that’ll curiosity you for positive.
As I stated, it’s best to make use of contemporary home made paneer to stuff on this dish, however you too can use the leftover paneer to make this Paneer Bread Roll. Even I try this at house.
As a substitute of paneer, you too can use tofu and switch this dish right into a vegan pleasant snack. These no onion, no garlic rolls are fast sufficient to be made.
Learn how to make Paneer Bread Roll
Make Paneer Stuffing
1. Crumble 250 grams paneer very nicely and preserve apart. Contemporary home made paneer is simpler to crumble.
If utilizing chilled or frozen paneer, soak in heat water for some minutes and drain nicely. Take away the surplus moisture from the paneer, by patting with paper towels or kitchen napkins. Crumble and preserve apart.
2. Add ½ teaspoon finely chopped or minced ginger, 1 finely chopped inexperienced chili and 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves or parsley.
3. Now, add the spice powders listed under:
- ¼ teaspoon pink chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon coriander powder
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala powder
- ½ teaspoon chaat masala powder
- salt as per style
As a substitute of chaat masala, you’ll be able to add ½ teaspoon dried mango powder (amchur powder).
4. Combine very nicely. Test the style and add extra spice powders or salt if required.
Make Paneer Bread Roll
5. Now, take a bread slice and minimize off the sides thinly. With a rolling pin barely flatten the bread.
Don’t throw away the bread edges. Pulse them in a mixer or grinder to make breadcrumbs. Retailer in a jar and refrigerate. Use these breadcrumbs for binding or coating patties or cutlets.
6. Apply a light-weight stress whereas rolling. If rolled an excessive amount of, then the bread slice can break from the sides.
7. Take 2 tablespoons of the paneer stuffing and place it on one facet of the bread.
8. Brush some water on the 4 edges of the bread slice. You can even dip your fingertips in water and moisten the sides. Press and seal the sides nicely.
9. Now, gently cowl the bread slice and press the sides to kind an oblong roll. You can even moisten your fingers with some water after which press.
Bake Paneer Bread Roll
10. Put together all of the rolls this manner and place on a baking tray. No have to grease the tray. Calmly brush some oil on the rolls.
Don’t brush an excessive amount of oil because the bread absorbs a variety of oil at room temperature.
The bread I used was crumbly and three to 4 days outdated. So, these weren’t simple to roll. If the rolls tear or break at some locations, it’s not an issue.
11. Bake in a preheated oven at 200 levels C/390 levels F for 10 to 12 minutes or until the bread rolls change into golden and crisp.
As oven temperatures range, preserve a verify whereas baking. Relying on the dimensions, make and mannequin of the oven, it could take much less or extra time – starting from 12 minutes to twenty minutes. Preheat the oven for 10 minutes earlier than baking the rolls.
12. As soon as carried out, take away from the oven and serve Paneer Bread Roll scorching or heat with a chutney or dip of your alternative.
Learn how to serve: It is so simple as the recipe itself. Simply have a blob of tomato ketchup, coriander chutney, mint chutney or tamarind chutney in your plate and revel in these baked paneer stuffed bread rolls in all their glory.
- It’s best to make use of contemporary home made paneer as it may be simply crumbled too. You should use frozen or chilly paneer as nicely. If doing so, soak in heat water for a while, drain and pat with paper towels to take away extra moisture. Then crumble and use.
- As a substitute of including coriander leaves or parsley on this recipe, you should utilize any contemporary herbs of your alternative. Even a mixture of contemporary herbs work nicely. If utilizing dried herbs, add 1 teaspoon of it.
- Paneer will be substituted with tofu, wheat bread with white bread, chaat masala with dried mango powder (amchur powder) and oil with softened butter.
- Don’t discard the sides of the bread slices. Make breadcrumbs by powdering them in a blender, retailer in a jar and refrigerate. Use for coating or binding cutlets or patties.
- If you don’t want to bake these rolls, pan toast them: Unfold 1 to 2 tablespoons oil on a tawa or griddle. Put the rolls on it and toast on low to medium warmth. When one facet is toasted nicely, fastidiously flip to toast the opposite facet as nicely. Serve scorching.
- Simply make for a bigger variety of individuals by scaling the recipe.
Please make sure to price this recipe within the recipe card under you probably have made it. For extra vegetarian inspirations, Sign Up for my emails or comply with me on Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
Paneer Bread Roll
Paneer Bread Roll is a fast snack of a savory, spiced paneer stuffing crammed in bread slices and made into rolls that are then baked. This recipe is made with out onions and garlic.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Prepare dinner Time 10 minutes
Complete Time 25 minutes
Crumble the paneer very nicely and preserve apart. Freshly home made paneer is simpler to crumble.
- If utilizing chilly or frozen paneer, then preserve it in heat water for some minutes. Drain the water very nicely. Take away the surplus moisture from the paneer, by patting with paper towels or kitchen napkins. Crumble and put aside.
To the crumbled paneer, add minced ginger, chopped inexperienced chillies and chopped coriander or parsley leaves.
Now add all the floor spice powders – pink chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, chaat masala powder and salt as per style.
As a substitute of chaat masala you’ll be able to add ½ teaspoon amchur powder (dry mango powder). Combine very nicely.
Making paneer bread roll
Now take a bread slice and slice off the corners or edges. With a rolling pin barely flatten the bread.
- Do not throw away these bread corners. Pulse them in a mixer or grinder to make bread crumbs. Retailer in a jar and preserve within the fridge. Use these breadcrumbs for binding or coating patties or cutlets.
Take 2 tablespoon of the paneer stuffing and place it on one facet of the bread.
Brush some water over the 4 edges of the slices. You can even dip your fingertips in water and moisten the sides.
Now gently cowl the bread slice and press the sides to kind an oblong roll.
You can even moisten your fingers with some water after which press.
Put together rolls this manner and place on a baking tray. No have to grease the tray.
Calmly brush some oil on the rolls. Don’t brush an excessive amount of oil because the bread absorbs a variety of oil at room temperature. Simply brush flippantly.
Bake in a preheated oven at 200 levels Celsius/390 levels Fahrenheit for 10 to 12 minutes or until the bread roll change into golden and crisp.
As oven temperatures range, do preserve a verify whereas baking. Relying on the dimensions, make, mannequin of the oven it could take much less or extra time – from 12 minutes to twenty minutes.
As soon as carried out take away from the oven and serve the Paneer Bread Roll scorching or heat with some tomato ketchup or coriander chutney or tamarind chutney.
- As a substitute of coriander leaves or parsley, any contemporary herbs of your alternative will be added. Even contemporary blended herbs will be added. If utilizing dried herbs, then add 1 teaspoon of dried herbs.
- Tofu can be utilized as a substitute of paneer.
- Softened butter can be utilized as a substitute of oil.
- Pan toasting the paneer bread rolls – (If not baking) unfold 1 to 2 tablespoons oil on a tawa or griddle. Place the rolls and toast on a low to medium warmth. Flip fastidiously when one facet is toasted and toast the second facet. When each the perimeters are toasted nicely, then take away the rolls and serve scorching.
- The recipe will be doubled or tripled.
Paneer Bread Roll
Quantity Per Serving
Energy 479 Energy from Fats 252
% Every day Worth*
Saturated Fats 14g88%
Polyunsaturated Fats 1g
Monounsaturated Fats 4g
Ldl cholesterol 55mg18%
Vitamin A 61IU1%
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) 0.3mg20%
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 0.1mg6%
Vitamin B3 (Niacin) 3mg15%
Vitamin B6 0.2mg10%
Vitamin C 2mg2%
Vitamin E 2mg13%
Vitamin Ok 7µg7%
Vitamin B9 (Folate) 32µg8%
* P.c Every day Values are based mostly on a 2000 calorie food regimen.
This Paneer Bread Roll recipe put up from the archives first printed on Might 2016 has been republished and up to date on November 2022.Source