Patta gobhi matar recipe with step-by-step images. This can be a home-cooked dry curry made with cabbage and inexperienced peas. This recipe is vegan in addition to gluten-free. It makes for a wholesome and scrumptious meal when paired with chapati or paratha or served as a facet dish with dal rice.
Cabbage can also be referred to as as patta gobhi or bandh gobhi within the Hindi language. The inexperienced peas are referred to as as matar.
There are some greens that match enormously with inexperienced peas like cauliflower, potato and carrots. Cabbage can also be a type of veggies that pair excellently with inexperienced peas.
Like most of my recipes that is additionally evenly spiced sabzi. On a regular basis home-cooked Indian meals just isn’t heavy on fats (oil, butter, ghee) and spices. They’re wholesome in addition to nutritious too.
This Punjabi recipe of bandh gobi matar goes very properly with chapatis or phulkas. I normally make this it with chapatis and typically as a facet dish with dal-rice. The veggie dish additionally goes properly as tiffin field lunch.
Tips on how to make Patta Gobhi Matar
1. Warmth 1.5 to 2 tablespoons of oil in a frying pan or kadai with out handles (wok). Splutter 1 teaspoon cumin first.
You need to use any impartial flavored oil like sunflower oil. You can too use peanut oil.
2. Then add ¾ to 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste (½ inch ginger and a couple of to three cloves of garlic, crushed to a paste in a mortar-pestle). Stir and saute for just a few seconds or until their uncooked aroma goes away.
3. Add 1 medium-sized finely chopped onion (½ cup finely chopped onion) and saute the onions stirring usually until they change into translucent.
4. Add 1 medium to large-sized chopped tomato (½ cup of finely chopped tomatoes).
5. Stir after which add ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder, ½ teaspoon crimson chilli powder and ½ teaspoon coriander powder. As a substitute of crimson chilli powder you may add finely chopped inexperienced chillies.
This recipe just isn’t spicy. To make a spicy model improve the quantity of inexperienced chillies or crimson chili powder or use each as required.
6. Stir and saute until you see oil releasing from the perimeters of the combination.
7. Add 200 grams of shredded or chopped cabbage (band gobhi or patta gobhi). Approx 4 cups of shredded cabbage.
If you’d like then you may blanch the cabbage in sizzling water for five minutes after which add.
8. Add ¾ to 1 cup of contemporary inexperienced peas (matar). You can too use frozen peas.
9. Stir very properly and season with salt as required.
10. Stir once more and canopy the pan with a rimmed lid full of water. When utilizing this technique of cooking, you don’t want so as to add water to the veggies. Steam is fashioned within the pan and the veggies cook dinner within the steam.
When you don’t have a rimmed lid then add about ½ cup of water and canopy the pan with its lid. Simmer till the peas are cooked. Carry on checking after some minutes and if the water dries up then add some extra water and simmer the sabzi till accomplished.
11. A few occasions, take away the lid fastidiously and stir. Cowl and proceed to cook dinner until the peas are softened. If the water dries up within the rimmed lid, then add some extra water.
12. As soon as the peas are cooked, if there may be any moisture within the pan, then simmer the veggies on a low flame until all of the moisture is a bit dried up. I normally hold some moisture within the veggies.
Lastly add ½ teaspoon garam masala powder and chopped coriander leaves. Stir and blend properly.
Serve cabbage matar sizzling with chapatis or phulkas or plain paratha or lachedar paratha. You can too serve it as a facet with dal-rice or kadhi rice or with any North Indian meal.
It additionally tastes good with bread. You may make wholesome sandwiches with this savory cabbage and peas stuffing. It may also be packed within the lunch field with some roti or paratha.
Few extra tasty recipes
Please remember to price the recipe within the recipe card or depart a remark beneath when you have made it. For extra veetarian inspirations, Sign Up for my emails or comply with me on Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
Patta Gobhi Matar | Cabbage Peas
Simple to arrange spiced Punjabi recipe of cabbage and inexperienced peas.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook dinner Time 45 minutes
Complete Time 1 hr
Rinse the cabbage first. Then shred the cabbage with a knife or in a meals processor. You can too chop the cabbage.
Rinse the peas and hold apart. Finely chop the onions and tomatoes.
making cabbage matar
Warmth oil in a frying pan or kadai with out handles (wok). Splutter cumin first.
Then add ginger-garlic paste. Stir and saute until their uncooked aroma goes away.
Add chopped onions and saute until they change into translucent.
Add tomatoes. Stir after which add turmeric powder, crimson chilli powder and coriander powder.
Stir and saute until you see oil releasing from sides of the combination.
Add the shredded or chopped cabbage/patta gobhi. Add inexperienced peas/matar.
Stir very properly and season with salt.
Stir once more and canopy the pan with a rimmed lid full of water. When utilizing this technique of cooking, you don’t want so as to add water to the veggies. Steam is fashioned within the pan and the veggies cook dinner within the steam.
A few occasions, take away the lid fastidiously and stir.
Cowl and proceed to cook dinner until the peas are softened. If the water dries up within the rimmed lid, then add some extra water.
As soon as the peas are cooked, if there may be any moisture within the pan, then simmer the veggies on a low flame until all of the moisture is a bit dried up. I normally hold some moisture within the veggies. Lastly add garam masala powder and chopped coriander leaves. Combine properly.
Serve cabbage matar with chapatis or phulkas. It additionally tastes good with bread.
Patta Gobhi Matar | Cabbage Peas
Quantity Per Serving
Energy 127 Energy from Fats 72
% Day by day Worth*
Saturated Fats 1g6%
Polyunsaturated Fats 1g
Monounsaturated Fats 6g
Vitamin A 667IU13%
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) 1mg67%
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 1mg59%
Vitamin B3 (Niacin) 1mg5%
Vitamin B6 1mg50%
Vitamin C 44mg53%
Vitamin E 3mg20%
Vitamin Ok 63µg60%
Vitamin B9 (Folate) 60µg15%
* % Day by day Values are based mostly on a 2000 calorie food regimen.
This Patta Gobhi Matar submit from the weblog archives first printed in September 2014 has been up to date and republished on December 2022.Source