Piyush is a easy and creamy drink standard within the Maharashtrian and Gujarati delicacies of western India. To make piyush, Shrikhand (a thick yogurt primarily based dessert) and Buttermilk are whisked with the flavorings of nutmeg and cardamom. The nutmeg particularly imparts quite a lot of taste and aroma to piyush.
Piyush is a bit much like the favored beverage Lassi. However as compared, it’s thick, creamier and sweeter than lassi. Clearly, as shrikhand is added. Shrikhand itself is thick, creamy and candy.
My recipe doesn’t use buttermilk however home made yogurt and milk. I used prepared retailer introduced shrikhand.
With prepared made shrikhand this cooling drink is fast and straightforward to make. Both purchase cardamom shrikhand, saffron shrikhand or cardamom-saffron shrikhand. It’s also possible to make the shrikhand at dwelling. Right here is my home made Shrikhand Recipe.
Piyush makes for a superb drink and is understood within the state of Maharashtra and Gujarat. It’s preferred by each youngsters and adults. You truly should drink piyush to understand how good it’s.
If you’re in search of extra drinks then do verify:
Learn how to make Piyush Drink
1. First take the shrikhand, curd (yogurt), milk, sugar, cardamom powder, nutmeg powder in a mixing bowl.
2. With a hand-held blender or a wired whisk or a madani (conventional Indian picket churner), simply mix all the things very effectively till easy and creamy.
It’s also possible to choose to mix this creamy drink in a blender. Hold the piyush within the fridge for at the very least 2 hours for it to get chilled.
For a lightweight yellow coloured piyush drink, you may also add some crushed saffron whereas mixing.
3. Pour the chilled piyush in glasses, and high with pistachio or almond slices and saffron. Serve piyush instantly. It’s also possible to hold it for a day within the fridge.
When you have made the piyush drink with chilly milk and yogurt, then you may serve it straightaway.
- Since yogurt or curd is without doubt one of the principal ingredient, use recent curd that isn’t bitter or too tangy.
- You’ll be able to choose to make the drink with both store-brought shrikand or home made one. Do use cardamom, saffron or cardamom-saffron flavored shrikhand.
- Whip up the drink both mixing with a wired whisk or with a hand-held blender or in an electrical blender.
- The piyush drink style good as is, however you may select to garnish or high together with your most well-liked nuts or dry fruits.
Please you’ll want to fee the recipe within the recipe card or depart a remark under when you’ve got made it. For extra vegetarian inspirations, Sign Up for my emails or comply with me on Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
Piyush Drink | Piyush Recipe
Piyush recipe is a thick, creamy candy beverage made with shrikhand, yogurt and milk. Summer time cooling drink.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Complete Time 5 minutes
First take the shrikhand, yogurt, milk, sugar, cardamom powder, nutmeg powder in a mixing bowl.
With a hand-held blender or a wired whisk or a madani (conventional hand-held indian churner), simply mix all the things effectively until easy and creamy.
It’s also possible to mix in a jar in an electrical blender. Hold the piyush within the fridge for at the very least 2 hours for it to get chilled.
When you have made the drink with chilly shrikhand, curd and milk, then after mixing, you may serve it straightaway.
A suggestion is so as to add 2 tbsp sugar first. If the sweetness is much less, then you may add 1 tbsp sugar later.
Pour the chilled piyush in glasses, and high with pistachio or almond slices and saffron.
Serve instantly. It’s also possible to hold the piyush for a day within the fridge.
- Guarantee to make the piyush drink with recent curd that isn’t bitter or too tangy.
- Add nuts and dry fruits of your alternative.
- The recipe might be scaled to make for bigger servings.
This Piyush Drink recipe publish from the archives, first printed in Could 2014 has been up to date and republished on November 2022.Source