Ragi halwa with step-by-step images. Ragi halwa is a candy dessert made out of ragi flour (finger millet flour), milk, ghee, sugar, nuts and flavored with cardamom powder. It makes for a calcium wealthy, filling and scrumptious candy that can be favored by everybody.
Since lots of you might have requested me so as to add ragi recipes, I’m including them one after the other. Ragi is a marvel millet grain and is also referred to as nachni or pink millet.
It has nice advantages as its loaded with calcium and wealthy in minerals. In India ragi is consumed within the type of Ragi Mudde, Ragi Ladoo, Ragi Kheer, Ragi Dosa, Ragi Idli, Ragi Roti and so forth.
In case you are on the lookout for a superb supply of calcium then ragi should be very excessive in your checklist. 100 grams of ragi accommodates roughly 350 mg of calcium.
It’s a nutrient dense grain and a superfood. In South Indian delicacies you will see that many recipes the place ragi is used.
I’m sharing right here the best way I learnt to make ragi halwa from my mother. Right here I’ve used used milk and ghee to arrange this halwa.
Ghee offers a beautiful aroma and taste. Milk offers a good style. Ragi halwa is a wholesome candy for toddlers and youngsters. I’ve added some nuts too, however they’re optionally available and you may skip them or add your most popular nuts or dry fruits. Keep in mind to cut them after which add to the halwa.
You possibly can make ragi halwa as a dessert and even for a candy breakfast.
Methods to make Ragi Halwa
1. Warmth 3 to 4 tablespoons ghee in a heavy pan or kadai. Attempt to use a well-seasoned heavy pan in order to keep away from the halwa sticking to the pan.
2. Then add ½ cup ragi flour (nachni flour or finger millet flour). You too can use sprouted finger millet flour.
Ragi flour will get rancid rapidly. So be sure that the flour doesn’t have any rancid aroma and is inside the shelf interval.
3. Maintain stirring the flour for 3 to 4 minutes on low warmth.
4. The combination will start to bubble.
5. When the combination begins effervescent, add ¼ cup of sugar. You should utilize uncooked sugar or common sugar or you can even add jaggery or palm sugar or coconut sugar.
6. Stir and blend the sugar very nicely with the ragi combination.
7. Now add 1 cup of scorching milk. The milk needs to be scorching earlier than you add. So warmth the milk individually in a small pan until it turns into scorching.
8. If you add the milk, stir additionally on the identical time. Carry on stirring whereas including milk.
Proceed to stir even after all of the milk has been added. Proceed stirring the halwa, until it begins thickening.
9. Quickly the combination will begin leaving the sides of the pan. Now add ¼ teaspoon cardamom powder. Stir and blend nicely.
At this level you can even add your most popular nuts and dry fruits. Chop them and add. Some choices are cashews, almonds, walnuts, pecans, raisins, sultanas, pine nuts and pistachios.
10. Swap off the warmth and switch the halwa to a serving dish. Because the halwa cools it’s going to thicken extra.
11. Whereas serving garnish with finely chopped nuts. Within the under photograph I’ve garnished the halwa with finely chopped almonds and pistachios. You too can use finely chopped cashews. Serve ragi halwa heat or chilled.
It makes for a filling candy. You may take pleasure in this candy each time starvation pangs strike you.
In case you are on the lookout for extra Halwa Recipes then do verify:
Please make sure to fee this recipe within the recipe card under in case you have made it. For extra vegetarian inspirations, Sign Up for my emails or comply with me on Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
Ragi halwa is a candy dessert made out of ragi flour, ghee, sugar and milk.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Prepare dinner Time 15 minutes
Complete Time 20 minutes
For ragi halwa
Warmth ghee in a pan or kadai.
Add the ragi flour.
Maintain stirring the flour for 3 to 4 minutes on low warmth. The combination will bubble
When the combination begins effervescent, add sugar.
Stir and blend very nicely.
Then add scorching milk. The milk needs to be scorching. So warmth the milk individually in one other pan.
Proceed stirring the ragi halwa, until it begins thickening.
Quickly the combination will begin leaving the sides of the pan. Now sprinkle cardamom powder.
Swap off the warmth and switch the halwa to a serving dish.
Because the ragi halwa cools, it’s going to thicken extra. Garnish with chopped dry fruits.
Serve ragi halwa heat or at room temperature.
- If the ragi halwa appears to be like dry then add 1 to 2 tablespoons of scorching milk.
- You too can add jaggery as a substitute of sugar. Add jaggery as required.
- You may garnish the halwa together with your selection of nuts and dry fruits.
- To make a vegan model of ragi halwa use a impartial flavored oil as a substitute of ghee. Additionally add a plant based mostly milk or water as a substitute of milk.
Quantity Per Serving
Energy 568 Energy from Fats 234
% Each day Worth*
Saturated Fats 14g88%
Monounsaturated Fats 5g
Ldl cholesterol 61mg20%
Vitamin A 800IU16%
* P.c Each day Values are based mostly on a 2000 calorie weight loss program.
This Ragi Halwa put up from the weblog archives first printed in August 2016 has been republished and up to date on 30 Jun 2022.Source