Easter dinner at all times means a baked ham on our desk!
Do-it-yourself Raisin Sauce for Ham is a traditional sauce, candy and citrusy. It’s good served with ham!
With fragrant cloves and orange zest, this raisin sauce balances out the saltiness of the ham. Serve over slices for a terrific vacation ham.
An Straightforward Sauce for Ham
A vacation ham is at all times on the desk for Easter and Christmas. We like to serve it with mustard and a candy raisin sauce on the aspect.
- Made in minutes in a single pan, this sauce is able to go for serving over ham, whether or not it’s within the crockpot, within the air fryer, or on glazed ham steaks.
- Raisin sauce is a timesaving celebrity that may even be made forward after which simply reheated on the range or microwave!
- Not solely is that this sauce made for ham it’s a tremendous versatile sauce that goes with any type of protein, from chicken breasts to pork loin or pork tenderloin. Or use it as a glaze for these scrumptious roasted game hens!
Substances & Variations
SAUCE Brown sugar is cooked down with apple cider vinegar and cloves. Stir in some brandy, bourbon, whiskey, or rum (don’t fear, the alcohol burns off)! Add rum extract for a scrumptious rum raisin sauce to serve over do-it-yourself ice cream or a traditional pound cake.
SEASONINGS Cloves are aromatic and a bit spicy, complete anise and cardamom are additionally good substitutions for the cloves if desired. At all times use recent spices to get one of the best taste profile for any sauce.
ADD-INS Raisins could be the purple or yellow selection. Currents, dried cranberries, chopped walnuts, and finely diced pears could be switched out or added to the sauce.
Recipe Tip: Be sure you rely your cloves as you add them to you’ll be able to guarantee they’re eliminated. The colour can mix with the raisins a bit so realizing what number of ensures no one will get a spicy chew!
Find out how to Make Raisin Sauce
Simmer this raisin sauce and use it to make one of the best glaze for ham or different meat dishes.
- Simmer the sauce substances per the recipe beneath.
- Add raisins & orange zest and simmer.
- Take away from warmth, stir in butter & salt.
- Discard cloves & serve heat.
- Recent zest is greatest! And for a extra citrusy taste, change out the water for orange juice from the zested orange.
- Raisin sauce will preserve within the fridge in a cruet or jar for as much as 7 days.
Extra Methods to Use Raisin Sauce
Did you get pleasure from this Raisin Sauce for Ham recipe? Tell us in a remark beneath!
Raisin Sauce for Ham
This candy sauce makes the right glaze for ham or different meat dishes like pork.
Mix water, brown sugar, cornstarch, vinegar, and cloves in a small saucepan. Convey to a boil over medium excessive warmth whereas whisking.
Add raisins and orange zest, scale back warmth to a simmer (medium low) and let prepare dinner 5 minutes.
Take away from the warmth and stir in butter and salt. Take away and discard cloves.
Serve heat over ham.
If desired, rum, brandy or whiskey could be added.
Serve over ham or over pound cake or ice cream.
Energy: 146, Carbohydrates: 34g, Protein: 1g, Fats: 2g, Saturated Fats: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g, Monounsaturated Fats: 1g, Trans Fats: 1g, Ldl cholesterol: 5mg, Sodium: 28mg, Potassium: 178mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 18g, Vitamin A: 60IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 24mg, Iron: 1mg
(Diet data supplied is an estimate and can range primarily based on cooking strategies and types of substances used.)