Rhubarb Chutney; you could name this relish or pickle. This Candy and bitter chutney with mix of spices style grate and really addicting. This can be a nice complement to any meal.
- 1 pound rhubarb, minimize into ½-inch items
- 4 inexperienced chili minimize into ½-inch items (if most well-liked delicate recipe take away the seeds from chilies)
- Approx. 2 tablespoons ginger thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1-1/2 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1-1/2 teaspoon salt alter to style
- 1/4 teaspoon of paprika for the colour, non-compulsory
- 1/3 cup sugar alter to style
- In a blender coarsely floor the fenugreek, coriander, fennel and cumin seeds.
- In a saucepan put the oil and add all of the elements besides the sugar. Combine it nicely.
- Cook dinner over medium warmth till the rhubarbs are tender. This could take about 4-6 minutes. Stir the rhubarb sometimes to ensure it doesn’t burn from the underside.
- Add sugar to the rhubarb and prepare dinner on low warmth for about 1 minutes after rhubarb begin scorching.
- You may refrigerate this chutney for about 6 weeks.
Initially posted 2012-04-08 12:19:37.