This simple and group-friendly olive oil dip comes collectively shortly and it by no means fails. I imply, who doesn’t wish to dip bread into an herby, garlicky, parmesan cheese infused olive oil? Jump to the Ridiculously Good Olive Oil Dip Recipe
Easy methods to Make a Dipping Oil Everybody Will Love
I’d prefer to say that we’re good at entertaining, nevertheless it doesn’t really feel that means. Regardless that we now have a whole bunch of appetizer recipes proper right here on this very weblog, after we’ve received buddies coming over, we discover ourselves caught on what to serve. That’s the place this additional simple olive oil dip is available in. It’s a life saver. It comes collectively in 5 minutes and everybody loves it.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: How to roast garlic within the oven — swapping uncooked garlic for mashed roasted garlic on this olive oil dip can be superb.
Considered one of my favourite issues about that is that I can swap substances based mostly on what I’ve within the kitchen or based mostly on who’s coming. My go-to mixture of flavors is one thing salty like capers and parmesan cheese, herbs like rosemary and plenty of garlic.
I’ve additionally been recognized to make it spicy with some crushed pink chili flakes and if I’ve it within the fridge a mashed up anchovy or a small squeeze of anchovy paste is scrumptious. If you wish to add somewhat sweetness to the dip, add a small splash of high-quality balsamic vinegar.
Consider it as a complete taste bomb that when blended with olive oil and bread is simply the correct amount of taste to make you retain coming again for extra. On that word, you would possibly wish to make a double batch. These items goes quick.
Chop every part into tiny bits then use a spoon to smoosh them collectively right into a free paste. Spoon it onto a plate then pour extra-virgin olive oil on prime. Straightforward!
Ridiculously Good Olive Oil Dip
- PREP 5mins
- TOTAL 5mins
This garlic and herb combination is a taste bomb. When topped with olive oil, it turns right into a scrumptious dip for bread. Preserve additional olive oil shut by, you may at all times prime up the plate with extra.
Makes about 1/2 cup, Serves 4 to six
Watch Us Make the Recipe
You Will Want
2 garlic cloves, or extra relying on how garlicky you need it
2 tablespoons capers, drained
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
2 teaspoons chopped recent rosemary
2 teaspoons chopped recent thyme
3 tablespoons finely grated parmesan cheese
Pinch sea salt, when you’ve got it attempt truffle salt
Contemporary floor pepper, to style
Pinch crushed pink pepper flakes, elective to make it spicy
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra as wanted
Crusty bread, cubed
Finely mince the garlic and capers. Add to a bowl together with the oregano, rosemary, thyme and cheese. Season with a small pinch of salt and pepper. Use the again of a spoon to smoosh the herbs into the garlic and capers.
Make one or two mounds of the garlic-herb combination on a rimmed plate. Drizzle the olive oil on prime. Serve with cubes of bread.
Adam and Joanne’s Ideas
- Make-ahead: Put together the garlic-herb combination a day or two prematurely and retailer, coated tightly, within the fridge. The recent herbs might free some coloration. When able to serve, add the combination to a plate and prime with olive oil.
- Capers: We love the saltiness capers add to the dip, however in case you do not need them in your kitchen, go away them out. The dip nonetheless tastes nice with out them.
- Dried herbs vs. recent: We do favor recent rosemary and thyme for this, however you should utilize dried rosemary and thyme as an alternative of recent. Crush the dried herbs somewhat within the palm of your hand earlier than including them into the combination. Additionally, you will wish to use rather less — about 1/2 teaspoon.
- Use high-quality olive oil — we actually love Partanna olive oil within the pink can. It tastes nice and isn’t as costly as a few of the different high-quality olive oils.
- Including a small splash of balsamic vinegar isn’t a nasty thought.
- Vitamin info: The diet info supplied under are estimates. We’ve got used the USDA Supertracker recipe calculator to calculate approximate values. We didn’t embody bread within the calculations.
Vitamin Per Serving: Serving Measurement: About 1 1/2 tablespoons / Energy 172 / Protein 1 g / Carbohydrate 1 g / Dietary Fiber 0 g / Complete Sugars 0 g / Complete Fats 19 g / Saturated Fats 3 g / Ldl cholesterol 2 mg / Sodium 104 mg