half-hour and 6 elements are all you’ll must make these simple and scrumptious roasted carrots topped with a recent and zesty dill gremolata, crumbled feta cheese, and pistachios.
When spring strolls round, I get giddy with pleasure over its bounty. From radishes and peas to asparagus and carrots, I can’t get sufficient. But when I’m enjoying favorites, carrots are the tops (see what I did there?) as a result of I really like their tenderness and candy, taste when roasted—my favourite simple technique to prepare dinner them. Plus, carrots are chock-full of health benefits. They’re wealthy in beta carotene, fiber, potassium, calcium, vitamin Ok, and antioxidants.
Whereas you can also make them any time of yr, these roasted carrots with dill gremolata are the right spring aspect dish. I begin with recent carrots (no must peel, simply belief), and toss them in olive oil and salt. They roast within the oven, the place they develop into tremendous tender and superbly caramelized. They’re then topped with a shiny, zippy, herbaceous gremolata—an Italian seasoning combination made with parsley, garlic, olive oil, and lemon zest. I subbed recent dill for the parsley as a result of carrots and dill are a traditional match in heaven. It was a superb transfer. Lastly, crumbled feta lends a briny saltiness to each chew, and chopped pistachios add an important texture.
What’s in These Roasted Carrots
You solely want six elements (not together with olive oil or salt) to make these simple roasted carrots. Right here’s what you’ll want:
- Carrots—for this recipe, you’ll need to use bunches of carrots with the tops nonetheless on, versus the bagged carrots. They are usually a bit extra slender and uniform in measurement, so they may roast up a bit faster and extra evenly.
- Further-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Recent dill—like in my Crab Spaghetti, gremolatas usually comprise parsley however this model makes use of dill because it performs so properly with carrots and is ideal for spring
- Lemon zest—this can be a key ingredient in gremolata and can give the carrots a shiny, recent taste
- Garlic—that is one other central ingredient in gremolatas, and relying on how a lot of a garlic taste you’d like, you should utilize 1 teaspoon or 1/2 teaspoon
- Feta cheese—you should utilize already crumbled feta or block feta which you can crumble
- PIstachios—However them already shelled then give them a tough chop
The way to Make Roasted Carrots with Dill Gremolata
This recipe couldn’t be easier and solely takes half-hour.
Roast the carrots. Drizzle them with olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt, then use your palms to roll them round on the sheet pan and get them good and coated.
Make the gremolata. Whereas the carrots are roasting, whisk collectively olive oil, salt, lemon zest, garlic, and dill.
High and serve. Organize your carrots on a serving platter, spoon gremolata overtop, and sprinkle with crumbled feta and pistachios.
Do You Peel Carrots Earlier than Roasting
You’ll be able to actually peel these carrots previous to roasting should you choose, however you don’t must. I personally like them greatest unpeeled—the carrots develop into so tender within the oven that you simply don’t even discover the peels are nonetheless there. Plus, these peels are nutritious. Merely give them a superb scrub below operating water and also you’re good to go.
How Lengthy Does it Take to Prepare dinner Roast Carrots
These carrots roast in nearly 25 minutes and will probably be completely tender and caramelized due to the recent oven (roasting coaxes out their pure sugars, leading to caramelization).
What to Serve With These Roasted Carrots
When you make this recipe, please let me know! Depart a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ score on this recipe beneath and depart a remark, take a photograph and tag me on Instagram with #foodiecrusheats.
Roasted Carrots with Dill Gremolata
You solely want half-hour and 6 elements to make these simple and scrumptious roasted carrots topped with a recent and zesty dill gremolata, crumbled feta cheese, and chopped pistachios.
- 2 bunches carrots with tops , (about 1 ½ kilos), carrots scrubbed and tops trimmed to about 1-inch
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil , divided
- ½ teaspoon plus ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt , divided
- 2 tablespoons recent dill , chopped
- Zest from 1 lemon , (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1 garlic clove , finely chopped (½-1 teaspoon, relying on how a lot garlic you want)
- 2-3 tablespoons crumbled feta
- 2-4 tablespoons pistachios (non-compulsory) , chopped
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Organize the carrots on a big sheet pan. Drizzle ¼ cup of the olive oil overtop, and sprinkle with ½ teaspoon of the salt. Use your palms to roll the carrots across the pan, ensuring they’re nicely coated. Place within the oven to roast for about 25 about minutes. The carrots must be tender and barely caramelized.
Whereas the carrots roast, make the gremolata. In a small bowl, mix the remaining ¼ cup of olive oil, dill, lemon zest, garlic, and remaining ⅛ teaspoon of salt, and whisk collectively. Add 1-2 extra tablespoons of olive oil if wanted (to make the combination much less pasty). As soon as the carrots are completed roasting, organize them on a platter and spoon the dill gremolata over them. Sprinkle with crumbled feta (crumble any massive items into smaller ones) and pistachios.
Energy: 58kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 2g | Fats: 4g | Saturated Fats: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 409mg | Potassium: 146mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 5162IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 58mg | Iron: 1mg
Extra Carrot Recipes You’ll Love
We ship good emails. Subscribe to FoodieCrush and have every put up plus unique content material just for our subscribers delivered straight to your e-mail field.
As at all times, thanks for studying and supporting corporations I accomplice with, which permits me to create extra distinctive content material and recipes for you. There could also be affiliate hyperlinks on this put up of which I obtain a small fee. All opinions are at all times my very own.