Chutneys are considered one of my favourite condiments. I imply there’s rather a lot happening with the pickle scene too in Indian delicacies, however what chutneys convey to the desk is versatility of their use as properly. Similar to this Sandwich Chutney, which is a variation of the quintessential inexperienced chutney that may be simply used as spreads in sandwiches. It’s the truth is what the road distributors and outlets use to glamorize the flavors of a Mumbai model sandwich as properly. This Inexperienced Chutney For Sandwich is not only tremendous fast to make and bursting with flavors, however can be vegan, gluten-free and all issues yum!
About Sandwich Chutney
I imply what’s higher than a dish that will get carried out in most 10 minutes! That is the time I’ve considered if you’re prepping up the coriander leaves, roughly chopping the inexperienced chilies and chopping the lemon to get the juice into the chutney.
In case you have all of this too prepared, then it’s only a matter of a blitz within the grinder jar to make this pretty inexperienced Sandwich Chutney.
Along with the above elements that go on this Inexperienced Chutney For Sandwich, you simply want chaat masala powder, salt and water. And that’s about it! Isn’t it one of the best ways to create one thing tangy and spicy in actually no time, which additionally has innumerable makes use of.
Since it’s primarily a no-cook Sandwich Chutney, it’s apparent which you could make use of this explicit recent coriander chutney on your chilly sandwiches. Like even I put together it at house, at any time when I’m planning to make these no-fuss, tremendous easy and delicious Veg Sandwich.
Nevertheless, this Inexperienced Chutney For Sandwich is not only about its use in leveling up your on a regular basis sandwiches. It will also be used to boost issues in delish wraps and rolls that you simply make at house.
Or have it together with your crunchy, munchy pakoda, vada, bhajiya and fritters on a wet night. I additionally really feel that it’ll style supreme with the Khaman Dhokla. So, give this too, a strive.
Extra On My Recipe
Every time I’m planning to make use of this inexperienced Sandwich Chutney, I normally put together it a day earlier than and refrigerate. I make it in small portions and never massive, because it doesn’t retailer properly for a lot of days.
Since this Inexperienced Chutney For Sandwich is made with recent coriander leaves, it stays good refrigerated for about 4 to five days. After a while, the freshness shouldn’t be there. So, make in small batches, hold within the fridge and use the chutney as and when required.
I normally use coriander leaves for this Sandwich Chutney. However when I’ve recent mint leaves, I add them too within the chutney. Personally, I don’t desire including the lemon juice since I really feel that the style turns into barely bitter for sandwiches.
However I’ve added it within the recipe, simply in case you wish to add it. Be sure so as to add only a few drops of lemon juice, if you’re utilizing it within the chutney.
Other than this particular Inexperienced Chutney For Sandwich, right here’s one other Green Chutney For Chaat Snacks recipe that I typically make at house and particularly use for chaat snacks. This fast recipe is extra of a spicy and tangy inexperienced chutney.
It will possibly once more be used as a diffusion in sandwiches or dips with tandoori and grilled snacks, fried pakoda and aloo tikki. Additionally it is one of the best ways to boost the flavors in your chaat dishes like ragda patties, sev puri, bhel puri, samosa chole chaat, and so forth.
The best way to make Sandwich Chutney
1. Take 1 cup rinsed and tightly packed coriander leaves, ½ teaspoon chaat masala powder, 2 inexperienced chilies and salt as per style in a chutney grinder jar.
I normally add 3 inexperienced chilies, as we desire a bit spicy chutney within the sandwiches.
To rinse coriander leaves, you possibly can place them in a colander or strainer. Rinse them very properly in operating water.
2. Grind the elements until clean. No want so as to add water. However when you can’t grind, then add 1 or 2 teaspoons water.
I didn’t add water as there was sufficient moisture after rinsing the coriander leaves that helped the elements grind to a clean and superb chutney.
3. Take away the chutney in a bowl.
4. Cowl and hold the Sandwich Chutney apart if you’re making sandwiches instantly or refrigerate. You can even retailer the chutney in a small air-tight jar.
- Be sure to rinse the coriander leaves properly earlier than utilizing for the chutney. You’ll be able to place them in a colander or strainer and rinse underneath operating water.
- Keep away from including an excessive amount of water whereas grinding chutney. If the chutney turns into skinny, the flavors get diluted and in addition the bread slices turn into soggy with the chutney unfold on them.
- Inexperienced chilies might be added much less or extra, as per your necessities.
- To retailer this chutney, pour it in an air-tight jar and refrigerate. Be sure to eat inside 4 to five days.
Please make sure you charge this recipe within the recipe card beneath when you’ve got made it. For extra vegetarian inspirations, Sign Up for my emails or comply with me on Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
Sandwich Chutney Recipe | Inexperienced Chutney For Sandwich
Sandwich Chutney, is a variation of the inexperienced chutney and particularly used as a diffusion in sandwiches. It’s a necessary factor to make the Mumbai model sandwich as properly. This Inexperienced Chutney For Sandwich is not only tremendous fast to make and bursting with flavors.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Prepare dinner Time 0 minutes
Whole Time 10 minutes
Firstly rinse the coriander leaves very properly in water. You’ll be able to place them in a colander or strainer and in addition rinse.
- Take the coriander leaves, chaat masala powder and chopped inexperienced chilies in a chutney grinder jar. I normally add 3 inexperienced chilies as we desire a bit spicy chutney within the sandwiches.
- Grind the chutney elements until clean. No want so as to add water. However when you can’t grind, then add 1 or 2 teaspoons of water. I didn’t add water as there was sufficient moisture after rinsing the coriander leaves to assist them grind to a clean chutney.
Take away the sandwich chutney in a bowl. Cowl and hold the sandwich chutney apart if you’re making sandwiches instantly or refrigerate.
- Keep away from including an excessive amount of water whereas grinding chutney. If the chutney turns into skinny, the flavors get diluted and in addition the bread slices turn into soggy after spreading the chutney on them.
- Inexperienced chillies might be added much less or extra as per your necessities.
- The approximate vitamin information is for a bowl of chutney.
Sandwich Chutney Recipe | Inexperienced Chutney For Sandwich
Quantity Per Serving
Energy 20 Energy from Fats 2
% Each day Worth*
Polyunsaturated Fats 0.01g
Monounsaturated Fats 0.04g
Vitamin A 1080IU22%
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) 0.01mg1%
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 0.03mg2%
Vitamin B3 (Niacin) 0.2mg1%
Vitamin B6 0.02mg1%
Vitamin C 10mg12%
Vitamin E 0.4mg3%
Vitamin Ok 50µg48%
Vitamin B9 (Folate) 10µg3%
* P.c Each day Values are based mostly on a 2000 calorie food regimen.
This Sandwich Chutney recipe publish from the archives first printed in October 2016 has been republished and up to date on November 2022.Source