These Sheet Pan Rooster Fajitas have all of the scrumptious taste of conventional fajitas, however are made QUICK and EASY simply utilizing one baking sheet! Loaded with completely seasoned rooster breast, tender onions, and candy bell pepper, this simple dinner is QUICK + EASY + HEALTHY for a busy evening win!
Rooster Fajitas – The EASY Means!
Being born and raised in Texas, I think about myself a connoisseur of fajitas. I’ve at all times scoffed a bit of on the thought of doing them on a sheet pan.
However I can admit when I’m fallacious. These Sheet Pan Rooster Fajitas actually do deliver you all the flavour of the unique — minus the dishes, spatter on the range high and must hover over it whereas cooking. It’s the easiest way to make EASY rooster fajitas at residence!
If I had hours on finish, and somebody to scrub up after me, I might perpetually make my skillet rooster fajitas, and even do grilled chicken fajitas, however for a fast rooster fajitas everybody will love, THIS.IS.IT!
What I LOVE about this recipe:
- Multi functional– The meat… the veggies… all of them prepare dinner collectively so that you aren’t juggling a number of dishes, prepare dinner occasions, and so forth
- Non-existent clear up – Just one sheet pan is required for cooking. Exterior of that, only a reducing board and knife.
- TONS of FLAVOR! All of the scrumptious fajita taste… simply much less work!
- No babysitting- No want to face over a pan stirring, when you pop this within the oven, you’re free to do no matter you want till the timer goes off!
- Quick Prepare dinner time – Due to the tactic we use, the prepare dinner time is tremendous fast so that is nice for busy nights.
- Makes AMAZING leftovers! We typically eat this as fajitas day 1, however sit up for the leftovers as a result of we use these for quesadillas, salads, wraps, enchiladas, burritos and extra!
I may hold going and going! This recipe for making rooster fajitas within the oven can be a staple for a busy household!
What to Serve with Rooster Fajitas
Conventional fajitas served at a Mexican restaurant will typically include the fajita arrange. This can be a plate that features the next:
- Mexican rice
- Refried beans
- Shredded lettuce
- Bitter cream
- Pico de gallo
- Shredded cheese (in tex mex model fajitas)
- Flour tortillas
You’ll be able to persist with this simply as it’s served on the restaurant, or combine it as much as embrace different household favorites! Our household likes fajitas with my crock pot black beans, corn salsa, and a drizzle of jalapeno ranch. Do what you’re keen on!
This Sheet Pan Rooster Fajitas recipe is so simple as promised! Only a few elements and a baking sheet for a household pleasant meal.
On this part I’m going to undergo a couple of suggestions and methods I exploit when making this recipe to get the very best and most scrumptious outcomes.
Be sure to scroll to the underside for the FULL recipe card.
Substances + Substitutions
- Rooster breast– I exploit about 1.5 kilos of rooster breast on this recipe. It appears to be simply the correct quantity for a big sheet pan. Rooster breast is conventional for rooster fajitas, however you need to use rooster tenderloins instead.
- Yellow onion- I like yellow onion, however you need to use white or crimson on this recipe. Any of the three will caramelize to candy perfection as soon as baked.
- Bell peppers- The proper fajitas have a mixture of inexperienced pepper and a sweeter pepper like crimson, orange or yellow. The inexperienced peppers are much less candy and the brighter coloured peppers extra candy for a fantastic taste combo. I like to make use of half inexperienced after which divide the opposite half with the sweeter coloured peppers.
- Fajita seasoning – You should utilize retailer purchased seasoning discovered on the spice aisle, or the Mexican meals part. When you have 5 minutes although, I extremely suggest utilizing my do-it-yourself Fajita seasoning. It’s fast, simple and SO good!
- Oil– you need to use your favourite excessive warmth tolerant oil. I typically use vegetable or canola oil
- Lime– I extremely suggest utilizing recent lime
- Slice skinny! Make each the slices of rooster and the greens very skinny in order that they’re able to all prepare dinner rapidly within the sizzling oven.
- Unfold in a single layer. Strive as arduous as you possibly can to unfold every part (and particularly the meat) in a single layer on the baking sheet. The explanation for that is that it’s going to prepare dinner extra evenly. If the meat is piled on high of one another, you’ll have some areas which are achieved, whereas the areas which are piled up have to be cooked longer to prepare dinner via.
- Use a LARGE sheet pan. As a result of as we mentioned above, you need every part in a single layer, you’ll need an enormous sheet pan to get every part to suit. For those who don’t have a big sheet pan, you need to use two smaller pans as a substitute.
- Don’t over prepare dinner. The largest secret to getting tender juicy rooster just isn’t over cooking it. Rooster must be cooked to an inner temperature of 165˚F. Since we’re working with skinny strips of meat, in a highly regarded oven, it occurs rapidly!
- Season originally AND the tip. The tactic I like to make use of is seasoning the meat originally, then cooking the fajitas after which doing an extra squeeze of lime juice over every part to offer it a extremely recent taste. Even higher add chopped cilantro too!
Scaling the Recipe
If you end up desirous to make greater than 4 servings of rooster fajitas, or need additional for meal prep, you possibly can double, triple, and even quadruple the recipe, BUT you’ll need to make use of a separate pan for every “recipe.”
So a doubled recipe would want 2 giant sheet pans, or a tripled 3 sheet pans and so forth. You’ll be able to prepare dinner a number of pans at one time in case your oven is large enough. In any other case, you need to simply prepare dinner them in batches.
Recipe Quick Cuts
If you should make this recipe, however are additional quick on time, listed below are a couple of concepts that may assist make this recipe even quicker!
- Pre-cut the veggie and meat– this may be achieved as much as 4-5 days upfront, or nevertheless lengthy earlier than your meat is because of expire. As soon as the meat and veggies are lower, I retailer them in separate containers within the fridge.
- Pre-season the meat– The rooster can be seasoned with the oil and fajita seasoning as much as 24 hours upfront. I want so as to add the lime not more than 4 hours earlier than the cooking time although because the sturdy acidity can begin to break down the meat when left too lengthy.
- Put together as a freezer meal– You’ll be able to have this meal prepped and able to prepare dinner as much as 6 months upfront utilizing the freezer technique. Discover all the main points on this under.
For those who love this recipe as a lot as we do and need some fast methods to vary it up for selection, these little suggestions will do the trick!
- Spicy Rooster Fajitas– By default this can be a fairly delicate recipe, to make spicy rooster fajitas, add 1/4-1/2 tsp cayenne pepper to the fajita seasoning. Then slice recent jalapeño peppers to prepare dinner together with the veggies.
- Loaded Veggie Rooster Fajitas– For those who like a wide selection of greens in your fajitas, you possibly can add squash, zucchini, mushrooms, and even tomatoes into the veggie combination. For those who add too many additional veggies you might must prepare dinner them on a separate sheet pan.
- Further Tacky Rooster Fajitas– This recipe incorporates cheese/dairy solely as an non-compulsory topping after ready. For those who like your fajitas additional tacky, then you possibly can take away from the oven as soon as achieved, then sprinkle with cheddar or Mexican mix cheese and return to the oven for 2-3 minutes or till cheese is melted. Then function desired.
When you have particular dietary wants, this recipe meets many and could be simply modified to adjust to others.
As at all times, examine all retailer purchased elements for compliance on particular dietary wants. The notes under are a basic information.
- Gluten free: This Rooster Fajitas recipe is of course gluten free when utilizing the homemade fajita seasoning.
- Dairy free: This recipe is dairy free as written, nevertheless not the entire listed topping choices are dairy free.
- Nut free: This recipe is of course nut free
- Egg free: This recipe is of course egg free
- Low carb/Keto: This recipe is low carb at solely approx 6g web carbs per serving.
- Whole30: This Rooster Fajitas recipe is Whole30 compliant, nevertheless, not all listed topping choices are complete 30 compliant.
- Paleo: These Rooster Fajitas are paleo. Not all toppings listed are paleo.
- Macros: The approximate macro calculation for this recipe is- P: 37g C: 8g F: 8g per serving.
Freezer Meal Directions
These Straightforward Sheet Pan Rooster Fajitas could be ready as a freezer meal to make on one other busy evening, or give to a buddy in want, or somebody who sick or simply had a child.
- Slice the meat, onions and peppers.
- Combine the meat, oil and seasonings. Then package deal in a freezer bag or different freezer pleasant container.
- Place the peppers and onions in a separate zip high bag or freezer pleasant container.
- As soon as you’re able to prepare dinner, thaw within the fridge for 24-48 hours.
- Then switch the meat and veggies to a sheet pan and bake within the oven as directed.
For the perfect taste, this meal could be frozen for as much as 6 months.
Sheet Pan Rooster Fajitas Leftovers
When you have leftovers after making these fast rooster fajitas, then it’s your fortunate day! They save and reheat effectively, and may make the beginning of one other scrumptious dish.
To save lots of leftovers, separate into meal sized parts after which place in an hermetic container and retailer:
- within the fridge for 3-4 days
- within the freezer as much as a month
Listed below are a couple of methods to repurpose these leftovers and provides them a scrumptious makeover!
- Fajita Rooster Nachos– Unfold chips over a baking sheet sprinkle shredded cheese over the chips. Add rinsed and drained black beans and candy corn and high with chopped rooster fajitas (and veggies) and extra cheese. Bake at 425˚F for 10-Quarter-hour or till cheese is melted and nachos are heated via. Prime with bitter cream, guacamole and pico de gallo.
- Rooster Fajita Casserole– xxx.
- Rooster Fajita Bowl– On a mattress of rice (you need to use Mexican Rice or Cilantro lime rice) add reheated sheet pan rooster fajitas, shredded lettuce, corn and black bean salsa, guacamole, and a sprinkle of cheese
- Rooster Fajita Tacos– Flippantly warmth flour tortillas on all sides in a skillet. Add rooster fajita meat and veggies. Prime with pico de gallo for a basic style or pineapple salsa for a enjoyable twist.
- Rooster Fajita Salad– On a mattress of romaine (or different crunchy lettuce) add rooster fajita meat and veggies. Then add a dollop of bitter cream, guacamole, tomatoes, shredded cheese and a drizzle of jalapeno ranch dressing.
Extra Straightforward Sheet Pan Recipes
For those who loved this recipe, I actually hope you’ll take a second to seize a couple of simpler recipes for an additional busy evening!
You’ll be able to take a look at all of my Easy Dinner recipes right here, or see a couple of of our readers favourite recipes under.
Hungry for extra family-friendly recipes? Join my free recipe club to get new family-friendly recipes in your inbox every week! Discover me sharing each day meal-time inspiration on Pinterest and Instagram.
Sheet Pan Rooster Fajitas
These fast and straightforward Sheet Pan Rooster Fajitas deliver all of the scrumptious taste of fajitas into an excellent quick weeknight meal. Use these to feed a hungry household, or to meal prep for a wholesome meal you possibly can eat all week.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Prepare dinner Time: 15 minutes
Hover over “serves” worth to disclose recipe scaler
- Preheat oven to 400˚F
- Lower the rooster breast into skinny strips (1/4″-1/2″) towards the grain of the meat and place on one half of a giant baking sheet. Elective: line the baking sheet with foil for simple clear up.
- Drizzle 1/2 of the oil over the meat after which sprinkle with seasoning and use tongs to toss till the meat is evenly coated. Squeeze the juice from 1/2 of the lime over the meat and provides it yet one more fast combine.
- Slice the onions and bell peppers into skinny strips and place them on the opposite half of the baking sheet. Toss them with the remaining oil.
- Bake for 12-16 minutes or till the meat has reached 165˚F. Cautious to not overcook, or the meat can develop into dry and/or powerful.
- Take away from oven and drizzle the remaining recent lime juice over the greens and meat.
- Serve with tortillas and your alternative of rice, beans, bitter cream, guacamole, cheese, and pico de gallo. ENJOY!
Use these Sheet Pan Rooster Fajitas to additionally make:
- Rooster Fajita Quesadillas
- Rooster Fajita Nachos
- Rooster Fajita Salad
- Rooster Fajita Bowls
- Rooster Enchiladas
- and extra!
Energy: 258kcal (13%)Carbohydrates: 8g (3%)Protein: 37g (74%)Fats: 8g (12%)Saturated Fats: 1g (6%)Trans Fats: 1gLdl cholesterol: 109mg (36%)Sodium: 302mg (13%)Potassium: 801mg (23%)Fiber: 2g (8%)Sugar: 4g (4%)Vitamin A: 1219IU (24%)Vitamin C: 71mg (86%)Calcium: 25mg (3%)Iron: 1mg (6%)
(Diet data offered is an estimate and can range primarily based on cooking strategies and types of elements used.)