Veg Cheese Sandwich recipe with step-by-step pictures. It is a Bombay fashion scrumptious stuffed sandwich made with a filling of combine greens, topped with cheese and grilled or toasted. It’s also possible to take pleasure in these sandwiches with out grilling or toasting them. The recipe is well adaptable and customizable to made along with your most popular veggies and cheese.
About Veg Cheese Sandwich
I’ve been having these delicious sandwiches from the road aspect sandwich stalls or carts in Mumbai, throughout my faculty and school years, as breakfast or brunch or takeaways. Even later when working, I might have these sandwiches for a fast brunch or lunch.
These sandwiches often have greens like tomato, cucumber, onion, boiled potatoes and beets. Typically chances are you’ll discover capsicum too.
I’ve added most veggies in these sandwiches, besides boiled beetroots. I’ve added onions, tomatoes, boiled potatoes and capsicum. When you love tacky sandwiches, you too can test the basic Cheese Sandwich that’s made with none greens.
These sandwiches may be merely be assembled and eaten as is. Or you possibly can decide to toast or grill them. The toasting or grilling may be carried out in a sandwich toaster or panini press or in a frying pan or skillet on the stovetop.
I’ve toasted the sandwich. However you too can grill them as some of us want that approach. An electrical toaster or a handheld stovetop toaster works effectively to make these Veg Cheese Sandwich.
Sandwiches are simple and fast to make. And particularly good for morning hours if you end up operating in need of time. It’s also possible to pack sandwiches for tiffin field or for a brief picnic.
Nonetheless truthfully talking the very best style comes with White Bread. So there may be all the time a temptation to make use of white bread understanding effectively that it’s not wholesome and made with all-purpose flour.
However I select well being over style, a lot to the chagrin of the opposite relations. And so this sandwich can also be made with complete wheat bread.
How you can make Veg Cheese Sandwich
1. First prep every little thing earlier than you begin getting ready the sandwiches. Put together the chutney.
Right here I made Mint Coriander Chutney which doesn’t take a lot time. Additionally, slice the veggies and grate the cheese.
The greens that you will want are:
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 small to medium onion
- 1 boiled and peeled potato
- 1 small capsicum (inexperienced bell pepper)
- 1 small to medium peeled cucumber
Slice these veggies into skinny rounds and put aside. For a do-it-yourself loaf, lower it with a serrated knife to get even slices.
For the cheese, use mozzarella cheese or processed cheese or your most popular cheese that melts. The cheese that I’ve added is cheddar cheese.
Observe: In case you are operating in need of time, you possibly can omit making the inexperienced chutney. However the inexperienced chutney does add a variety of taste to the sandwiches.
2. Slice the sides of the bread in case you want. Unfold butter evenly on all of the slices. Make certain the butter covers the whole of bread.
A beneficiant coating of butter doesn’t enable the bread to grow to be soggy, whenever you apply the chutney.
You may use both salted butter or unsalted butter, no matter you have got readily available.
3. Unfold the mint-coriander chutney on all of the bread slices.
4. Place the onion, tomato, boiled & peeled potato and capsicum slices. Sprinkle some chaat masala or sandwich masala on them.
Additionally, sprinkle a pinch of black salt or pink salt or common salt evenly.
5. Now prime with grated cheese.
6. Cowl the sandwiches with the remaining bread slices and place in a preheated toaster or grill.
7. Toast for two to three minutes until the bread will get toasted effectively and golden. Toast the remaining sandwiches in the identical approach.
8. Unfold some butter on prime of the new sandwiches and serve Veg Cheese Sandwich scorching or heat with the remaining chutney and tomato ketchup.
Please make sure you price the recipe within the recipe card or depart a remark under you probably have made it. For extra veetarian inspirations, Sign Up for my emails or comply with me on Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
Veg Cheese Sandwich
Scrumptious and filling Vegetable Cheese Sandwich made with assorted combine veggies like tomato, cucumber, onion, bell peppers, boiled potatoes topped with grated cheddar and later grilled to perfection.
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook dinner Time 10 minutes
Whole Time 40 minutes
For veg cheese sandwich
- 8 to 10 slices Entire Wheat Bread or white bread or brown bread
- 1 tomato – medium-sized, thinly sliced
- 1 onion – small to medium-sized, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber – small to medium-sized, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 capsicum (inexperienced bell pepper) – small, thinly sliced
- 1 beetroot – thinly sliced, non-obligatory
- 1 potato – boiled, thinly sliced
- ½ to ⅔ cup cheddar cheese – grated or shredded, can add cheese as required
- Butter – softened, at room temperature, as wanted
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chaat masala or sandwich masala to sprinkle on the veggies, add as required
- black salt as required, to sprinkle on the veggies
Put together the chutney first. Mix all of the components talked about beneath the listing ‘for chutney’ in a grinder or small blender.
Add little or no water. The chutney must be of thick or barely thick consistency.
Preserve the chutney apart.
Steam or boil the potatoes and beetroot. You possibly can cook dinner these veggies in a stress cooker or on the spot pot including water as wanted.
As soon as cooled, peel them and slice them thinly. Put aside.
Rinse and peel the onions and cucumber. Slice them thinly into spherical slices.
- Rinse and take away the seeds from the capsicum. Slice it thinly. Additionally slice the tomatoes thinly. Preserve the sliced veggies apart. Grate the cheese and put aside.
Making veg cheese sandwich
- Slice the sides of the bread in case you want. Unfold butter evenly on all of the slices. Make certain the butter covers the whole of bread. A beneficiant coating of butter doesn’t enable the bread to grow to be soggy, whenever you apply the chutney.
Unfold the mint-coriander chutney on all of the bread slices.
Place the onion, tomato, potato and capsicum slices. Sprinkle a pinch of chaat masala or sandwich masala evenly on them. Additionally sprinkle a pinch of black salt evenly.
Now prime with grated cheese.
Cowl the sandwiches with the remaining bread slices and place in a preheated toaster or grill.
- Toast for two to three minutes or until the bread will get toasted effectively and is cripsy and golden. Toast the remaining sandwiches in the identical approach.You may additionally merely make the sandwiches and revel in them with out toasting or grilling.
Unfold some butter on prime of the new sandwiches and serve Veg Cheese Sandwich scorching with the remaining chutney and tomato ketchup.
- To make spicy sandwiches, improve the variety of inexperienced chilies within the mint-coriander chutney.
- Add any number of melty cheese. It’s also possible to prime the veggies with cheese slices.
- You possibly can omit including the chutney in case you want, however the inexperienced chutney does add a variety of taste to those sandwiches.
- Just a few variations can be so as to add some eggless mayonnaise or greek yogurt to the sandwich.
- The recipe may be scaled as much as make for small events.
Veg Cheese Sandwich
Quantity Per Serving
Energy 509 Energy from Fats 189
% Each day Worth*
Saturated Fats 12g75%
Trans Fats 0.5g
Polyunsaturated Fats 2g
Monounsaturated Fats 5g
Ldl cholesterol 49mg16%
Vitamin A 3210IU64%
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) 0.5mg33%
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 0.4mg24%
Vitamin B3 (Niacin) 5mg25%
Vitamin B6 1mg50%
Vitamin B12 0.2µg3%
Vitamin C 90mg109%
Vitamin D 0.1µg1%
Vitamin E 2mg13%
Vitamin Okay 38µg36%
Vitamin B9 (Folate) 143µg36%
* P.c Each day Values are based mostly on a 2000 calorie weight loss program.
This Veg Cheese Sandwich recipe from the archives first printed in August 2014 has been up to date and republished on January 2023.Source