Simply 3 elements, and voila! You’ve obtained a scintillating and decadently attractive Atta Halwa. As apparent from the title, the principle ingredient on this North Indian fashion Atta Halwa Recipe is complete wheat flour (atta). Together with this, different elements are beneficiant portions of ghee and sugar to sweeten the dessert. Which additionally makes this Wheat Halwa actually, actually melt-in-mouth and style oh-so-good! This recipe is simple too. So, whether or not an important day, a festive celebration or simply one other day, this halwa is apt so as to add some sweetness to your day.
About Wheat Halwa
The Atta Halwa can also be a recipe that basically will get shortly, inside quarter-hour flat. If you are roasting the entire wheat flour, the sugar syrup will get carried out and involves a rolling boil.
Later, you simply add it to the golden atta with a nutty perfume and maintain stirring it until the halwa will get to a semi-thick or thick consistency. The feel of this Wheat Flour Halwa is rather like the Suji Ka Halwa.
There’s one other common variation of the Wheat Halwa, known as the Kada Prashad which is served in gurudwaras, not simply in Punjab, however everywhere in the world for its divine style. This Atta Halwa Recipe ends in a easy, smooth and moist textured halwa, which is identical case with the kada prashad as nicely.
Nonetheless, you could add some dry fruits and nuts of your selection within the Atte Ka Halwa, which is probably not the case with kara prashad.
There aren’t any flavorings added within the Atta Halwa Recipe, which will get you the perfect nutty taste of the entire wheat flour solely. Nonetheless, you possibly can add some rava or suji on this Wheat Halwa to provide it some texture, as it’s simply easy with solely the atta in it.
This halwa could be served as a candy dish after your meals. Or you possibly can take pleasure in it with Poori, as halwa-poori is an excellent mixture in North India. Individuals there additionally relish the suji halwa with these fried puffed breads and a sukha kala chana preparation as nicely.
The Atte Ka Halwa is greatest had sizzling or heat. So, in case you are refrigerating the leftover halwa, then ensure to heat it earlier than serving.
The way to make Wheat Halwa
1. Firstly measure and maintain all of the elements prepared for making Atte Ka Halwa.
2. In a kadai or pan, add 2 cups water.
3. Subsequent, add 1 cup of sugar. I’ve used natural unrefined sugar. Therefore, the colour is barely golden. You should utilize common white sugar or uncooked sugar. You possibly can even use jaggery powder.
4. Warmth the water and sugar. We simply must make a sugar resolution.
5. Let the answer come to a boil. We’ve got so as to add this sizzling boiling sugar resolution to the flour combination as soon as it’s roasted nicely.
However make it possible for there aren’t any thread consistencies shaped within the sugar resolution. The sugar resolution simply wants to return to a boil.
6. In the meantime, in one other heavy kadai or pan, add ½ cup semi-solid ghee. Keep in mind to make use of thick backside kadai in order that the atta doesn’t get burnt.
Maintain each the pan on 2 burners concurrently. So that when the flour is roasted, the sugar resolution can also be sizzling.
7. When the ghee turns into sizzling, then add 1 tablespoon of cashews. As an alternative of cashews, it’s also possible to add almonds to the halwa at this stage.
8. Fry the cashews until golden. Take away the fried cashews and maintain them apart.
Roasting complete wheat flour
9. In the identical kadai or pan, add 1 cup complete wheat flour (atta).
10. Stir and blend very nicely.
11. Roast the entire wheat flour, stirring constantly, on a low to medium-low warmth until the colour of the flour adjustments.
12. You’ll quickly get the aroma of roasted complete wheat flour. Carry on stirring to make sure even browning.
13. When the atta has turned golden, it should give nutty perfume and start to launch ghee.
You will notice the combination changing into molten and flowing with ghee releasing from the edges as proven within the beneath picture.
14. Then, add the effervescent sizzling sugar resolution to the atta combination gently. Watch out because the combination has the tendency to splutter.
15. Proceed to stir and blend very nicely. You can not take a break at this step. So stir constantly. Plenty of handwork is required at this stage.
16. Carry on stirring continuous in order that lumps will not be shaped.
17. Subsequent, add the fried cashews. If you wish to add chopped pistachios, then it’s a must to add them at this stage. No must fry the pistachios earlier than including them.
18. Maintain stirring constantly. The wheat halwa will take in water and proceed to thicken shortly.
19. When the halwa consistency is semi thick or thick like a Suji ka Halwa and the ghee can also be launched from the edges, change off the warmth.
The picture beneath reveals the proper texture and consistency of the wheat halwa. It ought to look shiny and glossy.
20. Serve Wheat Halwa sizzling or heat as a after meal candy or dessert. You can too take pleasure in wheat halwa with poori.
For extra scrumptious halwa varieties, you possibly can examine this assortment of Halwa Recipes.
Professional Ideas for Atta Halwa
- Roasting complete wheat flour: It’s best to make use of a thick backside kadai or pan, in order that the atta doesn’t get burnt in it and is roasted evenly. Whereas roasting the atta, ensure to try this on low to medium-low warmth. For those who roast the atta on excessive warmth, the halwa will find yourself tasting burnt. Maintain stirring the atta constantly whereas roasting, for even browning.
- Sweetener: Each common or natural sugar can be utilized on this halwa. Even jaggery powder works nicely in it.
- Sugar resolution: You don’t must cook dinner the sugar resolution to any thread consistency. It simply wants to return to a boil. Additionally, ensure so as to add a effervescent sizzling sugar resolution to the roasted atta combination.
- Nuts and dry fruits: As an alternative of cashews, it’s also possible to fry almonds and add them within the halwa. If you wish to add pistachios, then no must fry them. Simply add when the fried cashews are added. For those who really feel like including raisins too within the halwa, add on the very finish, when the halwa is nearly carried out.
- Consistency: Change off the warmth when the halwa reaches a semi-thick, thick or a suji halwa-like consistency and ghee is also launched from the edges.
- Maintain each the pan on 2 burners concurrently. So that when the flour is roasted, the sugar resolution can also be sizzling.
- Be sure that to stay to those proportions of ghee to atta. Or else, your halwa will become fairly dry and will not style good.
Recipe smart, there’s truly no distinction other than the truth that the Kada Prashad is normally plain, with none nuts or dry fruits in it. Ingredient smart Kada Prashad has extra ghee than the atta halwa.
One other factor that distinguishes the 2 is the truth that since Kada Prashad is a prasad served in gurudwaras, it’s made with quite a lot of devotion. Thus, robotically has a divine style.
In fact, you possibly can. You possibly can add about 1 cup of grated/chopped jaggery or jaggery powder rather than the sugar. In actual fact, to beat the chilly winters in North India, this halwa is made with jaggery quite a lot of instances.
You possibly can add cashews, almonds, pistachios and even raisins on this halwa.
Lots of people do make this halwa with butter. However personally, what I’d counsel, is to make use of ghee solely on this recipe, to maintain the authenticity intact.
Utilizing ghee does make this halwa loads richer. However you possibly can at all times train extra to burn these additional energy, fairly than compromising on the flavors and originality of the dish.
Please you’ll want to price the recipe within the recipe card or depart a remark beneath when you’ve got made it. For extra vegetarian inspirations, Sign Up for my emails or observe me on Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
Wheat Halwa | Atta Halwa
Wheat flour halwa or atta halwa is a easy candy pudding made with complete wheat flour, ghee sugar and water.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Prepare dinner Time 10 minutes
Whole Time 15 minutes
Warmth the ghee in a heavy bottomed kadai or pan.
Add complete wheat flour to the recent ghee and begin roasting it.
In the meantime, take sugar and water in one other pan.
Maintain this pan on a medium to excessive flame and let the answer come to a boil.
Fry the atta stirring constantly until its coloration adjustments and also you get the aroma of roasted complete wheat flour.
Carry on stirring the flour to make sure even browning.
In the mean time maintain your eyes additionally on the sugar resolution.
If the combination begins to boil, then decrease the flame and let it simmer.
The atta or complete wheat flour ought to flip golden and provides perfume. Plus additionally begins to launch ghee.
Improve the flame to excessive for the sugar resolution to bubble and when it begins to bubble in a matter of seconds, instantly add it to the recent atta combination.
Watch out because the combination has the tendency to splutter.
Proceed to stir with all of your hand power, in order that no lumps are shaped.
Atte ka halwa will take in water and proceed to thicken shortly.
Carry on stirring. In order that lumps will not be shaped.
When wheat halwa is semi thick or thick like a sooji halwa, change off the fireplace.
Serve atte ka halwa sizzling or heat.
Few suggestions for making atta ka halwa recipe:
- The sugar resolution must be sizzling once you add it to the roasted atta combination.
- There aren’t any thread consistencies shaped within the sugar resolution. The sugar resolution simply wants to return to a boil.
- Use thick backside kadai in order that the atta doesn’t get burnt.
- You should utilize common sugar or natural sugar. You possibly can even use jaggery powder.
- If you wish to add kishmish (raisins) then add on the very finish when the halwa is nearly carried out.
- As an alternative of cashews it’s also possible to add almonds within the halwa. You will have to fry the almonds identical to we have now fried cashews.
- If you wish to add pista (pistachio), then add them the place you have got added fried cashews in halwa combination. No must fry pista, they are often added instantly.
- Maintain each the pan on two burners concurrently. So that when the flour is roasted, the sugar resolution can also be sizzling.
- Roast the atta on a low to medium-low flame.
Wheat Halwa | Atta Halwa
Quantity Per Serving
Energy 711 Energy from Fats 324
% Every day Worth*
Saturated Fats 21g131%
Polyunsaturated Fats 1g
Monounsaturated Fats 9g
Ldl cholesterol 88mg29%
Vitamin A 1065IU21%
* P.c Every day Values are primarily based on a 2000 calorie weight loss program.
This Wheat Halwa Put up from the weblog archives, first printed in November 2013 has been republished and up to date on December 2022.Source