As an alternative of choosing up a field of goodies and a mini-teddy bear on the grocery retailer to your Valentine, make these selfmade White Chocolate Strawberry Scones! Regardless of being pretty simple to make, they’re fairly visually gorgeous and completely scrumptious, so that they’re positive to get a response. Serve them up with espresso in mattress or as a dessert after your massive Valentine’s Day dinner. Somewhat little bit of effort goes a great distance on Valentine’s Day! Plus, your S.O. will completely have one thing to brag to their coworkers at work the following day.
Initially posted 2-13-2014, up to date 2-9-2022.
Not into Valentine’s Day? I really feel ya. These White Chocolate Strawberry Scones are additionally a great “simply because” deal with any day of the 12 months. They’re good to maintain readily available within the freezer for everytime you need just a little one thing candy to go together with your espresso or tea. They’re indulgent however not so overly candy that you just’ll really feel sick afterward. Excellent with a heat, cozy beverage! YUM.
Use Contemporary or Frozen Strawberries
After I initially created this recipe in 2014 I used frozen strawberries that I sliced after they have been just a bit thawed, however this time I made a decision to make use of contemporary strawberries since they’ve already began popping up within the grocery shops. These scones have been nice with the frozen strawberries however they blew my thoughts with the contemporary strawberries. So you need to use both one, but when your finances permits, go for contemporary strawberries. The contemporary berries add a lot extra sweetness and contemporary strawberry aroma to the scone.
Freeze Leftover Scones for Later
As talked about above, I really like freezing these scones in order that I can take one or two out at a time to take pleasure in with my espresso as an occasional deal with. To freeze these scones merely allow them to cool fully to room temperature, then place them in a freezer bag or different air-tight freezer container. Pop them within the freezer they usually’ll be good for about 3 months or so. You may thaw the scones at room temperature, or in case you’re in a rush (as I often am as quickly as I see that scone), pop it within the microwave for 30 seconds after which take pleasure in.
White Chocolate Strawberry Scones
These selfmade White Chocolate Strawberry Scones are the right deal with to your sweetheart on Valentine’s Day or some other day of the 12 months!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour ($0.30)
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar ($0.02)
- 2 tsp baking powder ($0.04)
- 1/2 tsp salt ($0.02)
- 6 Tbsp chilly butter ($0.60)
- 1 cup sliced strawberries ($1.40)
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips ($1.10)
- 2 massive eggs ($0.47)
- 1/4 cup milk ($0.10)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract ($0.14)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar ($0.04)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract ($0.07)
- 1 Tbsp milk ($0.03)
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF. In a big bowl, stir collectively the flour, granluated sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Grate the chilly butter (or lower into small chunks) and add it to the flour combination. Use your palms or a pastry cutter to work the butter into the flour till just a few small items stay.
- Add the sliced strawberries and white chocolate chips to the flour combination and stir to mix.
- In a separate bowl, whisk collectively the eggs, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the whisked moist substances into the bowl with the flour combination. Stir till a ball of dough types and no dry flour stays on the underside of the bowl. The dough could also be barely crumbly at first, however it can start to carry collectively higher because the moisture from the strawberries begins to soak up.
- Form the dough right into a flat circle, about 8-inches in diameter. Slice the circle into eight wedge-shaped items. Switch the sliced scones to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake the scones for about quarter-hour, or till golden brown. Switch the baked scones to a wire rack to chill.
- Whereas the scones are cooling, put together the glaze. Stir collectively the powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk in a bowl till it types a thick glaze.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cooled scones, then serve.
See how we calculate recipe costs here.
Serving: 1 scone ・ Energy: 321 kcal ・ Carbohydrates: 43 g ・ Protein: 6 g ・ Fats: 14 g ・ Sodium: 359 mg ・ Fiber: 1 g
Dietary values are estimates solely. See our full nutrition disclaimer here.
The tools part above comprises affiliate hyperlinks to merchandise we use and love. As an Amazon Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Learn how to Make White Chocolate Strawberry Scones – Step by Step Pictures
Preheat the oven to 425ºF. In a big bowl, stir collectively 2 cups of all-purpose flour, 2 Tbsp sugar, 2 tsp baking powder, and ½ tsp salt till effectively mixed.
Grate 6 Tbsp chilly butter into the bowl with the flour combination. Alternately, you may lower the butter into small chunks. Use your palms to work the butter into the flour combination till just a few small items stay. It’s also possible to use a pastry cutter, in case you have one.
Slice 1 cup strawberries and add them to the flour combination together with ½ cup white chocolate chips. Stir till the strawberries and white chocolate are mixed with the flour combination.
In a separate bowl, whisk collectively 2 massive eggs, ¼ cup milk, and ½ tsp vanilla extract.
Pour the bowl of moist substances into the bowl of dry substances.
Work the moist and dry substances collectively till they type a barely dry dough. There ought to be no dry flour left on the underside of the bowl. The dough is likely to be barely crumbly at first, however it can start to stay collectively a bit extra because the moisture from the strawberries will get absorbed into the flour.
Form the dough into an 8-inch diameter circle, then slice the circle into eight items.
Place the lower scones on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Bake the scones within the preheated 425ºF for about quarter-hour, or till golden brown. Take away the scones from the oven and switch to a wire rack to chill.
Whereas the scones are cooling, put together the glaze. Stir collectively ½ cup powdered sugar, ¼ tsp vanilla extract, and 1 Tbsp milk till it types a thick glaze.
As soon as the scones are cooled, drizzle the glaze over high. It’s vital to permit the scones to chill earlier than glazing as a result of scorching scones will trigger the glaze to soften and drip proper off.
Take pleasure in instantly or save for later! The baked scones will probably be good at room temperature for a day or so, refrigerated for 3-4 days, or frozen for about 3 months.