Winter Harvest Pasta Recipe with White Wine Sauce is hearty, scrumptious, and nutritious with an exquisite earthiness from butternut squash and kale.
You possibly can serve this as a fundamental dish or aspect.
WINTER HARVEST PASTA RECIPE
It’s possible you’ll consider spring and summer season whenever you consider an abundance of recent produce. And also you wouldn’t be flawed. Nonetheless, the autumn and winter harvests are greater than pumpkin and apples. There are many nutrient-dense, scrumptious greens accessible in the course of the fall and winter.
WINTER HARVEST VEGETABLES
Right here’s a listing of some greens which are harvested in the course of the fall and/or winter.
- Acorn Squash
- Brussels sprouts
- Butternut Squash
- Collard greens
- Candy Potatoes
WINTER HARVEST PASTA INGREDIENTS
- Greens. Kale holds up nicely with the opposite veggies on this salad. You would additionally use spinach or arugula.
- Greens. I used butternut squash. It’s simply accessible. Nonetheless, you need to use any roasted root vegetable. Strive acorn squash, Brussels sprouts, carrots, candy potatoes, or pumpkin.
- Pepitas. Pepitas are pumpkin seeds, however they solely come from sure kinds of pumpkins and don’t require shelling. You possibly can substitute walnuts, almonds, pinenuts, or sunflower seeds.
- Cheese. Goat cheese or blue cheese would add a pleasant contact.
As nicely, Parmesan tends to be salty. Subsequently, I used unsalted butter to stability out the saltiness of the Parmesan cheese. In the event you discover the pasta isn’t salty sufficient, you’ll be able to all the time add extra salt after you style take a look at on the finish.
WHILE YOU’RE HERE, CHECK OUT THESE RECIPES
- Hot Honey Brussels Sprouts
- Caramelized Shaved Brussels Sprouts
- Kentucky Bourbon Braised Brussels Sprouts
- Toasted Pecan Brie Brussels Sprout Bites
- Roasted Winter Vegetable and Pesto Quinoa Bowl
- Sheet Pan Roasted Chicken, Butternut Squash, Brussels, and Carrots
- Parmesan Roasted Cabbage with Pine Nuts
- Panko Crusted Broccoli
- Pomegranate Avocado and Pine Nut Roasted Broccoli Salad
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Have you ever tried this recipe? Please contemplate leaving a 5 ranking and remark.
Winter Harvest Pasta with White Wine Sauce
This pasta is hearty, scrumptious, and nutritious with an exquisite earthiness from butternut squash and kale.
- 4 ounces bacon thick-cut
- 1 and ½ cups butternut squash cubed
- 4 and ½ tablespoons olive oil divided
- 2 cups frivolously packed lacinato kale torn into 1-inch items
- 3 tablespoons pepitas aka shelled pumpkin seeds
- 12 ounces pasta I want cavatappi or orecchiette
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¾ cup white wine
- 6 tablespoons butter unsalted
- Freshly chopped parsley for garnish
- Freshly grated parmesan or romano cheese for garnish
Warmth the bacon in a pan over medium-high warmth. Cook dinner till the bacon is browned and crisp, however not burnt. Let the bacon cool on a paper towel and put aside.
As soon as the bacon has cooled, chop the bacon into bite-sized items. Discard the bacon fats however maintain the pan close by as you’ll use it for the sauce.
Warmth the oven to 400 levels. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss the butternut squash with one tablespoon of olive oil and unfold evenly on the baking sheet.
Bake the squash for 25-Half-hour, stirring each 10minutes. (Over the last 8-10 minutes of baking, you’ll add the kale and pepitas to roast).
Take away the baking sheet from the oven and stir the squash one final time. Add the kale and pepitas on prime, spreading frivolously and evenly. Roast for8-10 minutes or till kale is barely crispy and butternut squash is properly browned.
Cook dinner the pasta based on the bundle instructions. Drain and apart in a big bowl.
Warmth the unique pan over medium warmth and add the remaining 3tablespoons of olive oil. Add the minced garlic and prepare dinner for about one minute or till aromatic.
Add the salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and wine. Stir nicely for 2-3minutes.
Add the butter and let it soften. Stir to mix all substances.
In a big bowl, mix the pasta, butternut squash, kale, pepitas, and chopped bacon. Pour the sauce over the pasta and toss frivolously.
Serve heat with freshly chopped parsley and freshly grated parmesan or romano cheese as garnish.